Poor metabolic health increases your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.

by was a new boy 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• was a new boy
  • Riley
    Riley

I did the meat only diet for about two months and lost about 25 pounds but ended up with some horrible blood pressure problems.

I talked to my doctor later and he said me if I want to lose weight, avoid the breads, sugars and potatoes but you need the fruits and veggies. Also stay away from Bacon. A lot of Youtube people say it is great but it is actually horrible for you.

Also don't take medical advice from youtube.

• cofty
    cofty

Nothing wrong with bacon.

By the way Dr Berg is a crazy Scientologist.

• LV101
    LV101
    Heard sap on radio say bacon is as bad on your health as smoking - certainly hope not and most don't sit down and devour a slab.
  • SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

I think the only sensible thing to do without being constantly confused by the latest diet advice is to eat mostly veg, fruit and lean meat like fish or chicken.

I almost never eat bacon, but I do love a BLT in the summer when my homegrown tomatoes get ripe.

• cofty
    cofty
    eat mostly veg, fruit and lean meat

Lean?

Fat is not the enemy. Inuit eat mostly fat and have no heart disease.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

If the choice is giving up bacon versus dying too soon... it was nice knowing you all!

• SydBarrett
    SydBarrett

"Fat is not the enemy. Inuit eat mostly fat and have no heart disease."

It's also been suggested that for them its a genetic adaptation over many generations. But regardless, i eat a decent amount of salmon and stuff like that. I suppose that's not low fat. But it's also not the same as bacon every morning and a ribeye twice a week.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy
    • 'October 10 is the International Metabolic Health Day. Celebrate by assessing your metabolic health and cleaning up your diet'

STORY AT-A-GLANCE

• Most chronic diseases affecting us today, including heart disease, dementia, obesity, diabetes and cancer are rooted in metabolic dysfunction
    • One of the best ways to identify metabolic flexibility and health is a fasting insulin test. Ideally, you want it to be below 3
    • If you’re already eating a healthy diet, exercising, and all of your metabolic parameters look good, yet you have an insulin level of 7 or 8, stress may be the culprit, because cortisol raises insulin. Cortisol release is actually a rescue mechanism to ensure you don’t die from low blood sugar
    • The Metabolic Terrain Institute of Health will be a truly integrated residential oncology hospital and metabolic research institute. Once funding has been secured, they expect to be up and running within 18 months'

https://rb.gy/ammeta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit