Poor metabolic health increases your risk for heart disease, diabetes, and stroke.

by was a new boy 28 Replies latest watchtower medical

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

It’s all a big fat lie. More precisely a big low-fat, high-carbohydrate lie.

'It took Dr. Paul Marik 12 weeks to prove that conventional wisdom about dieting is a lie, and that was just to himself. He lost 35 pounds, and cured himself of Type 2 diabetes. In last night’s weekly webinar, he proved it to all of us watching.

As Dr. Marik shared, “the common teaching is that Type 2 diabetes is a chronic, progressive disease that can't be cured. This is false. They don't want you to be cured. They want you to take medication forever, and their treatment is to lower your glucose with medication. Both of these are lies.”

Our Betsy Ashton hosted the weekly update, and it was clear this subject was very close to her heart. We found out her father passed away from diabetes at just 53 years old. Every morning when he got up, she said he headed straight for the sticky buns.

Betsy introduced Dr. Marik and Dr. Joseph Varon, who recalled how Dr. Marik had once frightened him terribly, calling him to say, “Joe, I'm in the hospital because my sugar is 600.” Dr. Varon knew well the awful consequences of diabetes: heart disease, amputations, blindness.

Mark Twain once said, “Education is mainly what we have unlearned.” Well, last night was a chance to unlearn the lies, learn the real causes of diabetes, and learn how and what to eat to heal yourself — whether or not you suffer from diabetes.'

Poison Inc: Processed Food & Prescription Drugs: FLCCC Weekly Update (September 14, 2022)

https://odysee.com/@FrontlineCovid19CriticalCareAlliance:c/Weekly_Webinar_September14:d?eType=EmailBlastContent&eId=2d65cffe-c1b7-4562-8683-78306a36850c

• LV101
    LV101

Was A -- can't wait to check out link/thx. FLCCC is great site (Dr. Kory/Covid expert). Assume it's about eating healthy proteins and nutritious carbs like fruits/vegetables and minimal high carb starches.

I think emails re/FLCCC site source for info or link to covid inoculation negatives - Dr. Kory (renown/treats many celebs).

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

A Watchtower search for 'metabolic health' doesn't come up. In the Sept. broadcast they seem to OK a processed cereal. No beef, bacon, butter or eggs.

'You may need to consider your intake of salt, fats, and sugar, and you should watch your portion sizes. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet, and vary what you eat. Reading the packaging will help you to select whole-grain foods when buying bread, cereals, pasta, or rice.'

Myth - 'healthy salt, and animal fats are bad'. Whole-grain foods, fruits (fructose) should come with a warning. And no seed oils.

• was a new boy
  • just fine
    just fine

I started keto a few years back. I lost a bunch of weight and feel great. I avoid sugars and flour based items most of the time and find it easy to keep the weight off.

All of my blood work looks good - so it’s something that works for me as I am aging. I’ve learned to cook/bake with almond and coconut flour so that I don’t get bored.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

was a new boy, exactly what kind of diet do you think is bad? Do you only mean "low-fat, high-carbohydrate" or do you also have other kinds in mind? By the by way I am using the word "diet" in the broad sense of "that which one eats", rather than only in the sense of that which one eats for a short period of time in order to loose weight. I am primarily talking about that which one eats on an ongoing basis. There is evidence that the diet which consists primarily of plants and which has very little meats is optimal for health and longevity.

David Sinclair is a Harvard Medical School professor of genetics and he is a molecular biologist. In his best selling book called Lifespan: Why We Age, and Why We Don't Have To he details his research into aging as a disease. I own a copy of that book but so far I have barely read it. https://mentalpivot.com/practical-recommendations-from-david-sinclairs-lifespan/ (which is a copy of a portion of the Lifespan book) says the following.

'Like any other disease, aging can be prevented, treated, and potentially cured. While Sinclair readily admits that more research and scientific inquiry is needed before we can cure aging—an audacious goal to be sure—there are a number of practical habits and behaviors available today that can forestall the effects of aging. This post highlights those recommendations.

... Sinclair doesn’t go into great detail about what to eat, but does touch on some key points:

• Eat less meat, eat more plants. Diets higher in plant-based foods reduce all-cause mortality.
    • Reduce sugar consumption: evidence suggests high blood sugar increases epigenetic clock.

If in doubt, look to the diets of people who live in “Blue Zones.” These are populations (like Okinawa) where the average lifespan is particularly high.'

https://www.nad.com/news/david-sinclair-explains-how-to-live-longer-by-changing-the-way-we-eat says the following.

"What should we eat? Dr. Sinclair himself is now a vegetarian if that tells you anything. Also, in the 2013 Adventist Health study, it was calculated that vegetarians live longer than non-vegetarians. Additionally, in a study on women, the Mediterranean diet (mostly vegetarian with some fish) decreased biological aging.

... Why are plant-based foods good for us? Dr. Sinclair and Dr. Konrad Howitz published a paper in Nature showing that plants contain molecules called polyphenols, which activate the sirtuin enzyme Sirt1 and cellular pathways important for health and longevity. "

• LV101
    LV101

Good info, Disillusioned. The Adventists have quite a longevity record at one of the Blue Zones in Loma Linda, California -- I think they're #1 or 2 in the world. It's amazing and I've child-hood friends who live there and the healthy eating habits/jogging, etc., of the Adventists seem to rub off on them. It's certainly difficult to give up all meat protein - high protein at that. The SDAs also rest one day a week and that can't hurt. Many have difficulty adhering to a vegetarian or high protein eating plan -- I'm one of them.

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

'Everything we've been taught about cholesterol, fat, diet, and meat is complete bullshit' - Ivor Cummins

5:57

https://youtu.be/pji1Ly-fTgY?t=357

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Is it true that the conventional wisdom is that type-2 diabetes is not curable? I've never gotten that impression. Type-1 is not curable, at least unless we can figure out how to get the pancreas to begin producing it again in those individuals where it stops doing so. But type-2 is insulin resistance, and it's considered to be reversible with proper changes to diet, isn't it? My doctor recommended a low-carb diet (just one reason I like him) because I'm right on the edge of type-2 diabetes.

As for diet, I don't think there's one single perfect diet for humans. But if you listen to the various types of diets on offer, you can find some things that they agree on. Usually, there is an emphasis on natural over processed food and on avoiding or reducing foods with high sugar/salt content. Prepare and cook your own when you can, and use fresh ingredients whenever possible. Find a level of exercise and diet that keep you where you want to be, and stick with it. Avoid short-term fixes, which only last for that short-term and often leave you worse off afterwards.

As the saying goes, it isn't always easy, but it is quite simple.

• Mum
    Mum

Have you heard of Dr. Greger's daily dozen? He arrived at this plan by studying diets all over the world, and determining what people who live the longest eat:

1. 3 half-cup servings of beans

2.One serving of berries

3. 2-3 other fruits

4.1 tablespoon flaxseed meal

5. One quarter cup of nuts or 2 tablespoons peanut or other nut butter

6. Herbs and spices, especially turmeric, cinnamon, parsley, etc.

7. One serving cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, etc.)

8. Two servings of other vegetables

9. 2 cups of leafy greens

10. 3 servings of whole grains (bread or cereal, whole grain only)

11. Beverages (teas, 5 cups water)

12. 40-90 minutes of exercise

He says he should have put mushrooms on the list, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit