Sheep and the Goats - The Light Gets Brighter

by nmthinker 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos
    If you give time, labor, green handshake toward the wt G,O,D., you could not possibly become a sheep at the right hand, because you know what you do when you are doing it, even the tax year. because the sheep ask : "when did we feed, visited--
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

The title of the 2015 article is "Loyally Supporting Christs' Brothers" and calls for loyalty throughout. The final sentence in the article says, "Therefore, now is the time for those who hope to be judged as sheep to support Christ’s brothers loyally."

Christ said nothing about loyalty. Loyalty is very, very different than feeding, clothing, being hospitable and visiting someone in prison. If I give some money to a homeless person, that does NOT mean I'm being loyal. If I give a stranger a glass of water, that does NOT mean I'm being loyal. (Matt 10:42) Loyalty implies something very different than just helping someone out when they're in need. The WT organization completely misses this point, yet it's the very point made throughout the scriptures. Even Paul recognized this.

"For the law code, “You must not commit adultery, you must not murder, you must not steal, you must not covet,” and whatever other commandment there is, is summed up in this saying: “You must love your neighbor as yourself.”" - Romans 13:9

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    The term ''loyalty'' by the Borg just means to accept everything they say at ''face value'', no questions asked. Nothing at all about being helpful to the poor, charitable, etc...
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    According to this new light, those who are sheep are those who support Christ's brothers, either by preaching or, as the illustration shows, engaging in building and maintaining kingdom halls. If you don't do this you will be judged a goat.

We never should forget that the 6 deeds of love in the parable

-

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

The 6 acts of love mentioned in the parabel are not acts of preaching the word, talking about God or the kingdom message

but very personal acts of mercy (biblical language) in case of dire straits, happening to the most week, situations in which notbody can be unconcerned, mercy for everyman will be measured.

1 I have been hungry

2.I have been thursty

3. have been a stranger

4. I have been nude

5. I have been sick

6. I have been in prison

The blessed did what?

1. you gave me to eat

2. you gave me to drink

3. You have accomodated me

4. You have clothed me

5. you have taken care

6. you seeked me out

Note again the personal formulation of the acts.

The damned could have corresponded at least to this measure if they wanted.

Not hard work at kingdom halls or assembly halls or much money donation is demanded or that the blessed cared for change of society structures, cared for stop all hunger in the world, or defeating the cancer and other diseases, or built a society without prisons,

but a personal aid that every simple man can give.

Isn't this the proof that the Watchtower is wrong? Its clear, we know that, but if the Watchtower already in so simple things teaches heresy, how could we ever trust any word.

_____

Please note the connection to the 2 commandments of love.

• Preaching of the Word, talking about God and Jesus and his kingdom, about forgiveness and repentance is corresponding to the first commandment:[Honoring God and his name, reputation]
      “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.39

• Acts of mercy and love to brothers and neigbours is part of the second commandment.
      And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
  • Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

What I have consistently noticed from the organization since the constant flip flop changes they do that for the "average" JWs we never seemed to even noticed all these, different subjects being "taught" at meetings making it very difficult to keep track off or even dedicate the time to realize previous understandings now being changed... i was guilty of it for years, this is why I think many JWs don't even notice & it doesnt faze them to question it... I was a Watchtower zombie until recently, this article when studied in 2013 always stuck with me til this day, for some reason I kept the WT. I am disgusted with this organization's arrogance & self glory demanding servitude in the name of God & Christ.... i haven't done an in depth study of the "man of lawlessness" & how it will be exposed... until the WT zombies wake up they will continue to allow the WT make them feel guilty & use them as sales slaves.....

Who is a sheep or Goat??? We are not in a position to decide neither is the WT
    Mathew 7:1 "do not judge or you too will be judged"

• TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou

Khaleesi: I am happy to see that so many are in the real "bright" light and can see the real truth.

___

mmthinker: the 6 explicit acts of love mentioned above indicate for themselves already that the area of love is going beyond the frame of the "brothers of christ" = "all disciples" [not only the elitarian group of some few blesses] and comprises all marginal and little people in the whole world. Do I have a proof for that? The proof is perhaps that the message of love should be brought by the disciples to the whole world and so everybody would be comprised.Let me proof my thesis tomorrow, because my time is to short now and find a proof.

Principally the majority of bible exegists agree that the least (minor, marginal) brothers of christ, (emphasize the least) [note: JW dont mention the marginal brothers] are all men whose existence is threatened. The least are all men who suffer poverty, hunger and privation.

Mat 25,40 "Whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Wow what a great thread, I can see why they protect the child abusers & not the victims. They use the FS & donations as a measuring stick. The pedo's are loyal to the borg, the victims are not. The abusers who continue to do mino & pay large sums into contribution box are the sheep, the victims who speak out showing disrespect to their so called brother's, giving them a bad name are the goat's. That is basically it isn't it. They don't want people who try to display the qualities of Christ, they want one's that do what they are told to the letter by the Gestapo Body, even if it means children are being raped, women are being abused, dying through lack of medical care or suicide cause they cant take it anymore. Bastards.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Where are you my little sheep, did you bring me some more money ?

http://previews.123rf.com/images/designzaptik/designzaptik1112/designzaptik111200308/11447466-3d-sheep-character-with-money-bag-and-dollars--Stock-Photo.jpg

• done4good
    done4good

Only in WT land is being a sheeple considered a good thing.

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit