Changed From "Disfellowshipped" to "No Longer One of Jehovah's Witnesses!

by Atlantis 26 Replies latest jw friends

• waton
    waton
    I have no answer for you. I was only trying to answer the OP question

tbn: thank you. I tried to broaden the scope of "the loving provision" discussion. . Probation, private reproof, was not announced I guess. I do not remember it to be covered in the earliest elder, CO. special classes.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Oh, yeah! There are multiple outcomes from a committee meeting. The scope goes from disfellowshipped to northing. Publicly and privately "reproved" are in the middle. Even the extent of the proof may have varying degree of "privileges" being restricted.

I think the terms/phrases you will hear announced at a meeting are so-in-so has been/is -

Disfellowshipped

No longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses

Reproved

• Atlantis
  • Overrated
    Overrated

Being "No longer A Jw" is really a hugh favor. Thanks Watchtower!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Was there ever a time when they used to say from the Platform the actual reason someone was DF'd ? I have a feeling they did, maybe way back in the 1950's or something ?

Can you imagine the shame of that, if it did happen ?

" Brother Phizzy has been Disfellowshipped for being a Dickhead on several occasions, a number in Public", that's how my announcement would have gone !

• Splash
    Splash

Oh yes, they used to announce the reason:

w54 10/1 p. 595 par. 17 Christians Live the Truth

If announcements are made to congregations concerning someone who refuses to pay debts or who is going around taking money or other things from individuals in the congregation, the congregation servant should be the one to make the announcement and he should be careful to avoid wording something in a slanderous way but merely report the facts as they exist or that a person has been disfellowshiped for dishonesty or fraud. Then those who are in the congregation can be aware of what is going on and will be able to protect their own interests and the interests of their brothers. "His wickedness shall be openly showed before the assembly."

So the above article suggests that even after someone had been DF'd they were still able to continue interactions with the congregation.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I remember hearing the 'no longer a jw' from the platform in 1993. I remember being confused and having my family explain what that meant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit