What personal campaign have you done against the Witnesses?

by Fruitcake 24 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
    kls

I would place cards ,TOLL_FREE_HELP_LINE,for troubled or questioning jws.When i would go to a store or a place with a board for advertising i would leave a card.But when i returned sometime later i was told at many places this was not acceptable.I argued back that helping people is not alright but selling you'r crap is? whatever!

• Jourles
    Jourles

Since I cannot exactly go public just yet, this is my minor contribution:

http://www.dirtclod.com, including the newest addition of the scanned BOE letters gallery. (still growing)

• sf
    sf

Yes aRoarer,

I still am having a difficult time comprehending just why certain media won't touch anything having to do with this organization's corruptions.

Yet, I keep mass mailing them. I sent this mail out to 15 sources. I mailed it to feedback links and opinion boards. I mailed...

FOXNEWS, CBS, CNN, NBC, MSNBC, DATELINE, TODAY SHOW, HARDBALL, MEET THE PRESS, MY LOCAL NEWS, AND A FEW POLITICIANS.

Plus other sources I felt were pertinent.

It's my guess that this organization the WTS is so riddled with corruption that if and when the media DOES start to ripple with it all, it will overwhelm many of them. They simply will be blown away at what they are investigating. The pedophile issue is just a small part of this orgs deceptive criminal corruptions.

When WT preached that the end would come when all churches fall...

They forgot to mention that it would be their very own!

sKally

• azaria
    azaria

I started a pamphlet quite a while ago, still working on it. Right now it's an 81/2 by11 folded in three. I'll try to copy and paste the information below. The front has an open door, but because I don't know how to send it here, I eliminated it. Feel free to critique it and if you feel anything should be eliminated or added on let me know. It's still a very rough draft. Some of the wording I will gradually change because some of it has been copied from ex-JW sites. Hope no mistakes were made when I copied and pasted into this post. I don't feel like proof-reading it.

Front of pamphlet

Before you
    open your
    door, make
    sure what
    you believe.

For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
    Luke 11:10-13

When you speak to a Jehovah's Witness or Seventh Day Adventist at your door, at first you may find it hard to believe that they belong to a cult.
    As you listen to them, you will hear many words and phrases which sound familiar to those words used by mainstream Christianity.
    They’re friendly and sincere in their belief, but they are sincerely wrong. When you dig beneath the surface of what they are saying, you will soon discover that what they mean by those words may not be the quite the same as what mainstream Christians believe.

Inside across entire three columns “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free”. John 8:32 (KJV)

1st column

Take heed that no man deceive you.”
    Matthew 24:4

There are many similarities between these two groups. They each believe that they are the only true religion and that they have a direct connection to God. They also believe that Jesus is Michael the archangel and that all other churches are of Satan and will be destroyed at Armageddon They also both believe that the wicked perish and that there is no hell. They also have their own translation of the bible to support their teachings.
    Charles Russell (JW), Ellen G. White (SDA) William Miller (Millerites) and John Smith (Mormon) were contemporary reformers of their time. The 1800’s possibly sprung forth these individuals in fulfillment of 2 Timothy 43 which states “For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with healthful teaching, but in accord with their own desires accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled.”

Because of limit of space we will only discuss the Jehovah’s Witness organization.

Jehovah’s Witnesses
    & the Watchtower

These are some of their claims:

We cannot claim to love God, yet deny his word and channel of The Watchtower, Oct 1, 1967, page 591
    The Watchtower organization is the only way to understand the Bible
    We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the “faithful and discreet slave’ organization (Watchtower, Feb 15, 1981)
    Our organization is the only way, the only truth, the only life.
    Jehovah Witnesses are forbidden to study the bible alone.

In contrast this is what the Bible says:

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
    John 14:6

What Bible does the Watchtower Organization use?
    They use their own translation, the New World Translation. Under the leadership of Nathan H. Knorr (1905-1977) the WT Society set out to publish a different Bible for JW’s to use. It blatantly altered many verses to support Watchtower doctrine. The single best example of this is John 1:1 which in the King James Version clearly declares Jesus’ deity “the Word was God” JW’s deny the deity of Christ so the NWT renders this phrase “the word was a god”. None of the men who worked on this project had any formal training in the biblical languages, except Frederick Franz. He was chairman of the committee and had studied (conversational?)Greek for two years at the University of Cincinnati without graduating, and was only self-taught in Hebrew. The truth is that Franz was unable to translate Hebrew or Greek

What does the Bible say about those who change the Bible in any way?

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy. God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
    Revelation 22:18-19

The Bible teaches that the Holy Spirit’s anointing enables individual Christians to understand God’s Word.

But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and as it that taught you, ye shall abide in him.
    1John 2:27

Prophecy
    The Bible warns us that many false prophets will come claiming to speak for God. We are told that anyone who claims to speak as a prophet of God and predicts something that does not come true is a false prophet. Even one false prophesy make the speaker a false prophet.

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.
    Deuteronomy 18:22

BELOVED, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
    1John 4:1

The Watchtower Society’s End of Times prophecies of 1914, 1915, 1918, 1920, 1925 and 1975 prove beyond a doubt it is a false prophet and that we should turn away from this group’s deceptive doctrines.

Salvation
    The Watchtower teaches that salvation “will depend on one’s works.” A person must first come to Jehovah’s organization for salvation and then comply with everything they teach. It consists of doing the good works of placing Watchtower books and magazines, filling in monthly reports, maintaining enough hours each month and winning converts.

The Bible teaches that we are saved by grace alone apart from any self-righteous works. There is nothing we can do to contribute to our salvation because apart from Jesus Christ we are “dead in our sins”

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto goods works, which God hat before ordained that we should walk in them.
    Ephesians 2:8-10

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
    Acts 16:31.

back two columns

Who is our Creator?

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    Genesis 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.
    John 1 1-3

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    John 1:10

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hat been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.
    Ephesians 3:9

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: Colossians 1 15-16

Who is God?

I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
    Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.
    Isaiah 44:6&8

For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
    1 Corinth 8:5-6

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
    Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou has seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
    John 20: 28-29
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:1

Who is our Saviour?

I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour.
    Isaiah: 43:11

....And there is no God else beside me; a just God and a saviour; there is none beside me.
    ....For I am God; and there is none else.
    Isaiah 45:21-22

Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.
    Hosea 13:4

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
    Luke 2:11

.....that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.
    For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men
    Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
    Titus 2:10,11 & 13

But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared.
    Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;
    Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
    Titus 3:4-6

But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
    2Peter 3:18

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen
    Jude 25

Once I finish this I would like to go to various churches and see if they will support this pamphlet (also financially) so that it can be distributed to as many homes as possible.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

My current version of "informal witnessing (TM)"

Whenever I pass by a couple of Dubs who are just walking with their mags in their little plastic display holders (and chatting to themselves), I make eye contact and ask incredulously, "You're not actually going to COUNT this time, are you?"

I did this reently, during a jury duty lunch break, as I was walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. Priceless!

• kproscts
    kproscts

I haven't yet had the opportunity to do this. I have been thinking about it and would like to go to a CA/DA with flyers: made up of the facts and nothing but the facts, IE. United Nations, Blood, etc. then take this and hand them out, leave them in the restrooms, hallways, hotels that they are staying in - I think it would be more effective in the sense that it is not a direct attack on Jehovah, but calls into questions the WT & GB. Also, absent any commentary, they would have to draw their own conclusions (yes I know) and could not immediately discard as "apostate" material.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

LOL! Like my sister told my mom when she gave her a list of Watchtower quotes ABSENT any commentary:

"Mom, if I wanted to I could look up whatever information I'm interested in. I don't need YOU to do it for me!!!"

• Swan
    Swan

I have let my friends know all about the pain they have caused. I let them know about the child molesters (3) in the JWs I have known. They won't be converting any of my friends soon.

I even loaned a co-worker Diane Wilson's book so she could get a better understanding of what her family was dealing with. Her daughter's new boyfriend has an ex who is JW. This made it very difficult for them to understand how his 5-year-old daughter is being raised by his ex. Now they have a much better understanding of what they are facing.

I also loaned this book to my therapist. Those who read this book are shocked. It is a great book to give a layperson a good introduction to the JW beliefs and customs. They quickly grasp that this is not just a religion, but a high control group. My co-worker said it was "like a cult," to which I just nodded.

Tammy

• Hamas
    Hamas

Created a website

www.escapethewatchtower.com

And slagged the cult off to many other people.

• Valis
    Valis

I have been involved in several mass mailings to the congos here in the DFW area. I have also picketed in front of a local Kingdom Hall...good times..good times..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit