For those that carry on as JWs secretly not believing.....

by snare&racket 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

Realizing life is short is the reason why I don't give a crap anymore. I am self-disassociated. I have not done so formally. Life is too short to be screwing around in a false religion.

My heart goes out to those whom because of financial or family obligations, have to stay in for the time. That has to be torture on the mind to "play the game" with family and friends.

Myself, if I get caught doing something wrong I will simply tell them to eat me. They have no power. They are just men running a publishing house of lies. Nothing more. 😊

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

It is tough to bite your tongue with some of the ridiculous comments made by believing JWs. Even in casual conversations JWs will relate almost anything back to JW doctrines. It is tiresome but they are my family and friends. I realize that for them it will appear like I changed suddenly if start disagreeing with everything JW related. So sometimes I just try to give a slightly different viewpoint or point out something humorous. Over time I will reveal more but without dropping the apostate bomb on them. Soon they will get used to this as the new normal, hopefully. LOL

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I DO believe we only get one shot, but I'm still staying in for the time being. I've weighed up the pros and cons, and in my opinion the cons of leaving outweigh the pros right now.

I can keep family happy and try to wake loved ones up from the inside, for now. I KNOW it's only temporary though. Losing my patience..

• Spiral
    Spiral

I am just around to take my mum to meeting, but if you were around me very much you'd have to know I no longer believe. Kinda a funny don't ask don't tell thing going on with a few of them.

Everyone here is so distracted by the mess their lives are in (really, I've never seen such a group of disfunctional people, by any standard) that no one cares. I'm only civil to keep peace and out of respect for some old friends. But, it's just something I am putting up with temporarily. If I had to really look and act like a JW, my brain would explode. I give anyone a lot of credit who is in that situation and is carrying it off.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I know several people that are doing this......they are absolutely miserable. It shows on them physically....it's staggering to see the toll it takes on them as they 'live on a fence' or 'fake it'...... I couldn't do it whatsoever. No way.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

daringhart13 - "I know several people that are doing this... they are absolutely miserable."

I know I would be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit