I got a Sympathy Card in the mail

by Butterfly607 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• just fine
    just fine

I can understand somewhat. When I had surgery I got a card from a witness I haven’t heard from in almost 20 years. (At least I really did have something going on)

The thought was nice but that whole life is a chapter I have closed and will not allow it to be reopened no matter how well intentioned someone is. I didn’t respond at all because a Witness has nothing to offer by allowing them into my life.

You do what feels right to you.

• Tapioca
    Tapioca

She's counting time on you! LOL

• Etude
    Etude

Butterfly607:

I must be a glutton for punishment. But, If I were trying to fade away, I'd take her with me, or at least make the attempt. For me, this presents an opportunity to sow the seed of doubt in her, to ask a really tough question, even to elicit more sympathy. I don't doubt that, although she may be using this opportunity to count towards her evangelizing time, she may also be convinced she's doing a great thing. I would not let her get away with that idea. Bring her into your sphere of confidence and ask her to keep it private. If you're happy, let her know. Present to her the freedom you're experiencing. Of course, that may accelerate your ouster, if that's what you want.

Etude.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I really liked this -

The thought was nice but that whole life is a chapter I have closed and will not allow it to be reopened no matter how well intentioned someone is. I didn’t respond at all because a Witness has nothing to offer by allowing them into my life.

Presume the best.

Prepare for the worst.

Do not respond.

If you're trying to put distance between yourself and a place, you don't keep turning around.

You don't need a dialogue with people who have an unspoken agenda concerning you.

• LauraV
    LauraV

I think Carla had a good idea, send her a Christmas card. That will really give the sisters something to talk about as they sit five feet away from their cart and talk about the folks in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit