Depression & Isolation

by TxNVSue2023 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Teddnzo, must be different for some, because I am just sure I would have had to pretend I supported the lies...

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

That was the case in the past but things have changed to such an extent now.

In congregations that we are familiar with most of us feel we love the Bibles promises and certainly have hope that they have some truth to them.

We so want the Bibles promises to be true and talk as if we have no doubt but we all do have doubts about JW interpretations.

These days JWs are openly talking about 1914 is probably not true, birthdays doctrine may have new light soon and shunning will have an updated understanding ect.

As long as you can’t be accused of causing division in the congregation then you can openly express doubts about the governing body.

The vaccine is the best example of this as now most people know that it was not safe or effective which means the governing body got it wrong and they were the ones causing divisions as they should have stayed neutral

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    As long as you can’t be accused of causing division in the congregation then you can openly express doubts about the governing body.

That is not the case everywhere.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Teddnzo: We so want the Bibles promises to be true and talk as if we have no doubt but we all do have doubts about JW interpretations.

Why not visit other churches to see if you can find one that eases your doubts? If you believe in the Bible but have doubts about JW interpretation, that's a pretty big hurdle in my mind. And you should be able to find new friends in those churches, without the concern that they will turn their backs on you if you express doubts or seek answers elsewhere.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

if one has doubts about the JW interpetations, are they really a JW? After all you were baptized into a contract with the org. And how do you go and promote the org and the GB as the faithful slave if you have doubts? Maybe you just don't do more than lip service as far as preaching the good news for the sake of trying to fit in with the crowd. I would love to see a mass organized PIMO walkout day world wide--or even country wide ...easy for me to say ( but wouldn't that shake things up!

• jhine
    jhine

Tonus and Enough l think that those comments are spot on .

Jan from Tam

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

hmmmn another single post then nothing. My troll vibe is tingling.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

"my troll vibe is tingling" - I got the vibe when I read the first sentence, but gave benefit of doubt.

• jhine
    jhine

Sue has posted on another thread .

Jan from Tam

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JHINE:

So the original poster claims she cannot go to a counselor because it would make the JW religion look bad (and well it should).

This feeling is not unusual among Witnesses who (secretly) have issues related to bad treatment in the religion. When I was active in the JW religion I always got the impression that Witnesses were afraid to say or do anything that would make the religion look bad in the eyes of the world.. They felt they had to ‘cloak its sins’ as it were.

If Witnesses are honest with themselves they would have to admit they do a fair amount of lying to make the religion look better. I may have done so myself a few times in the early years.. But, it was mostly because deep down inside I felt just plain stupid and had to make everything look ‘good’.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit