Depression & Isolation

by TxNVSue2023 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TxNVSue2023
    TxNVSue2023

I've been recently reinstated & am very happy about it. I do love righteous (love & justice) and I do hate wickedness ( selfishness & sin). I do love Jehovah and the Bible truths & wisdom. I pray, study, attend meetings. I haven't been out in service though for ages ( because I was inactive/left the org & then df recently). I'm working on getting back in service very soon though. I just moved to a new state and new congregation & don't know anyone. I have been only going for 3 weeks so I know some people as acquaintance but no friends yet ( I have only seen them at meetings- no personal time with anyone). I'm mid 40s, divorced/single and an empty nester. I have no family in the org. Its just me & I feel very alone.

Isolation and Depression has been eating away at me & I've been having very negative & hopless thoughts about this life/existence. I understand the paradise earth is a wonderful future hope & God will wipe every tear from our eyes. In the meantime, however, it feels like an empty & joyless existence filled with constant sadness and struggle. I feel like I could die of loneliness and sadness. That nothing in this life is worth pursuing- after all its all vanity & chasing after the wind. Everything has been ruined by Satan's influence and the only safe place is the org/congregation. I do feel happy about spiritual things but I'm living in this world too - with no support.

I can't talk to anyone about this on the outside ( mental health counselor) because it could be a bad impression on the org plus they won't understand where I'm coming from anyway. I can't talk to anyone on the inside because then I'll be excluded even more. Doomed either way.

I know that isolating myself magnify's my depression. But I have no friends or family. So isolation is.kind of forced on me. I can't outrun it!

I'm not sure the point of this post, just the same as I'm not sure the point of this life.

• moley
    moley

You’ve given up on freedom for the chains of oppression

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Welcome to the forum TxNVSue2023. This may not be the best place to get encouragement on staying with the organization. Many of us come here to question the decisions of those in charge. At least you can express your opinion here without being sent to the back room.

I don't think they'll let you go out in service yet even though you have been reinstated, A baptized relative of mine became inactive for years. When she decided to come back to the meetings a pioneer had to study with her. They want to find out if you are a true believer again. They want to make sure you will be preaching correct truths.

• a watcher
    a watcher

Welcome back, sister(?). When you are assigned a Group Overseer, let him know you want to participate in the ministry ASAP. In the meantime, focus on your personal relationship with Jehovah. The point of this life is to love and be loved by Jehovah.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

"only safe place is in the org/congregation" ...May God help you...you have jumped into the frying pan. That is a place of people who love the lie or they would have to get out! If you are befriended at all, it will be conditional. You don't have to worry about service. They just want you to declare you have talked to someone so the congregation will have to fork over x amount of $ per month for you being a witness. ( congregations have to pay the org so much per month per publisher in addition to other donations to world wide work. ) I am being real here. I get that you are feeling isolated and depressed and I am sympathetic to that, but your solution is not the right solution. Jesus said it's better to give than to receive. You would be better off finding a way to volunteer to help other people..( and spreading Lies from the JW isn't it ) that would get you out of your house so you wouldn't feel isolated. I was in for 50 years...the puppets are wicked because those pulling the strings are wicked. You should do some home work...look through the many threads on this forum of the harm that the org has done to people. Look at the ever changing doctrines ( because they were lies to start with and yet they blame it all on God calling it new light. You say you love righteousness and justice-then you are in the wrong place. Where is the righteousness and justice when people read something in the Bible and learn the WT has published lies? They can't question what was published or they are kicked out. Don't think so-read the many true examples on this forum. Watch the exjw youtube videos. Watcher wrote the point is to be loved by Jehovah...You don't have to be a JW for God to love you. It's not where you worship. It is how. Tell me about isolation-I am alone almost all the time. But I don't care to go back to the falsehood to have false friends who will throw me under the bus. been there, done that.

I fear for you because in time you will come to see I have written you the truth. I am forewarning you so that when that happens you won't feel even more depressed. You have to look to Jesus and not to the manmade organization of charlatons for peace of heart and mind. The Governing Body are frauds and yet they want obedience like they are the voice of Jesus. I wish you the best...

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Well Sue, it's nice to see you back. It's kind of sad that the only people you feel comfortable talking about your problems with are those that your new/renewed friends would probably see as "enemies of Jehovah God". I hope you find the healing you need.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sue writes she can't talk to a couselor because it would be a bad impression on the org; and that Sue is why I didn't write the book I wanted to write 6 years ago. But now, when I get compelled to write the book, I will. The fact that we know what we would have to say would throw shade on the org should tell us that there is something wrong with the whole picture. We have been conditioned to keep our mouths shut and suffer. Sue go get that counseling!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Have you tried celebrate recovery? It's non denominational, relaxed, encouraging and free. There are 30,000 chapters.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

First thing is talk to your group overseer. The elders will help you.

before the elders make efforts to help, try to help yourself first.

invite different ones for a meal, get involved with the congregation. Get to ministry groups and always go for coffee breaks, even if just on zoom.

that way at the meetings you will have ones to talk to and more meaningful conversations.

even if you stay JWlite and don’t fully believe all JW interpretations of the Bible then you can still have hope in the Bibles promises

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

Welcome back..didnt know you had left.

Happy for you for making your mind up.

Are you going to stay on here ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit