Most children of Jehovah's Witnesses followers in Japan have been whipped, survey shows

by Rattigan350 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

I think it safe to say that MOST children all over the world has been "whipped". The question is, when does that become abuse rather than discipline? I dare say that most children could/should be disciplined in other manner....at the same time, I have seen a few that I am glad I never had to put up with. ( I do remember one little girl being carried to the bathroom calling out Help!-I doubt her crime fit the punishment.)

• careful
    careful

carla, I know that I have watched YouTube vids that provide an English translation, but I can't figure out how to do that with this one! I brought it up on YouTube directly but still could find no translation option.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Actually, being raised a JW in itself is child abuse.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Beth, I completely agree

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

When I think of the My Book of Bible Stories book, Revelation Climax book, some of the WT studies, and now those dramatizations. Being raised a JW is indeed child abuse.

How can any child,,being raised a JW subject to that artwork and dramas,,,how can any kid having gone through that be called ''normal'' in anyway?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I knew some young Japanese JWs and they were miserable!!! The congs in Japan treated young persons with such harshness, it is a wonder that anyone sticks with the religion/corporation when they get older.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"it is a wonder that anyone sticks with the religion/corporation when they get older."

It's probably because of being born - in and it's deeply ingrained. Or, because most of one's family is all ''in''' the Borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit