Wanting advise on a draft copy

by joe134cd 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m just curious what you think. This is in its draft stages. So excuse the mistakes and grammar. Just wanting feed back.

Dear Brothers

I am writing to you, out of the shear frustration and concern I have with some of your procedures and policies. If you read this in its entirety. Its more therapy for me rather than a solution to the problem.
    This is concerning computer use with my aged father. Previously, in years past, you took a very negative approach to the internet. I remember been, publicly embarrassed, when I took a computer printout for a #2 Bible reading, and sternly counselled not to do it. I just find it rather ironic how things have changed.
    Although you still have the printed option available. It is due to the CCJW culture that you have now got an elderly man, on a limited income, who felt obligated to go out and buy himself a devise. That he has neither the aptitude or desire to use.
    Let me explain. Although I’m 4th generation faded POMO. According to your SOPs my father should not even be talking to me about spiritual matters, if talking to me at all. Yet I find it ironic that when it comes to trouble shooting for the JW.org website there is no problem. Why? Because his friends, the brothers and sisters, are becoming somewhat apathetic to helping him. To be honest I can’t really blame them due to his computer illiteracy. There was one young, JW, fellow who offered to help, but hinted at been paid.
    The other day I get a phone call at work regarding an issue with his printer. He had called a computer technician to fix it. Weighing the options of him been put into overdraft paying the technician, or me taking time off work to trouble shoot over the phone. I decided for the latter. Using the method of theocratic warfare, to get the time off. I managed to get the problem resolved.
    What really annoys me about this. Is how your new light has effected both my father, employer and myself. Years ago when social media and the internet were looked down upon this wouldn’t of been a problem. As soon as you realised that a great deal of money could be saved with on line content, it’s now a case of been spiritually strong. Unfortunately for most of your members, who are around my fathers age, they are now left with a devise that they really have neither the desire or aptitude to use. This highlights a bigger problem, with the JW culture, in the impact you have on people lives. Putting it mildly, i feel totally pissed off.
  • Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Using the method of theocratic warfare, to get the time off.... I managed to get the problem resolved.

Did you just accuse the Watchtower of teaching you how to lie? How are you ever going to qualify for handling the mics again talking like that?

I can see that Satan has confused you and is trying to turn you into an "evil slave". You have been warned.

Jesus' Parable of the Talents | Study

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I totally sympathise will all your frustrations.

I remember the strong anti internet warnings too.

I loved it when a brother had a very important item on the platform and his new computer tablet failed leaving his item in tatters.

They don't care - realizing this has made my life a hell of a lot easier - but still, sorry for all your real world frustrations with the watchtower - the make their own rules up as they go along and have the cheek to call it new shite...

• Gorb
    Gorb

A bye bye letter.

G.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How far up do you think that will make it?

Lower level Service Dept grunt?

It will at least save WT some toilet paper.

Sorry to break it to you, but they don't given a sh!t.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I guess their options are to have a talk about helping the brothers in need with our precious resources, and thus glorifying Jehovah... or warning the congregation about apostates and the sneaky ways they try to ensnare you.

I wonder which option they will choose...

• SadElder
    SadElder

They'll scan it and add it to a digital file under your name and forget it. They aren't interested and like the folks in the field will slam the proverbial door in your face.

• Ding
    Ding

I understand the catharsis of venting, but the org won't care.

They'll just use your letter as Exhibit A when they DF you.

• iloowy.goowy
    iloowy.goowy

If you would like to have an impact then state politely that your dad needs help with their software tell them he is advanced in age and the local elders are not helping him sorting out the issue and since you are no longer in the 0rg you cannot help with their software. Could they provide you with the name and address of the CO or could they forward your letter to him?

Tie them up in requests. Keep writing them every couple of weeks or a month, asking for them to sort it out and fix their problem since they made your dad buy the device.

Ask them what or who you need to contact to get your father the help he needs as a publisher.

Don't accept their solutions but come up with a follow up request that they do something. Becoming a pain in their butt will get you more satisfaction than venting your frustration with a letter they will just tag as written by an apostate.

Keep demanding they do something and be like the widow asking the judge for justice. But be polite and be persistent.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Love it - superb!

👍👍👍

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit