The Truth that gives you eternal life

by RolRod 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RolRod
    RolRod

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this. I have a book, It's 8.5 x 11. The cover looks exactly like the old "Truth" book, complete with Bible embossed on the cover. Slight title change. it's called "The Truth that gives you Eternal Life.

It has 10 chapters, 116 pages. just like a Watchtower publication, the paragraphs are numbered and at the bottom of each page are questions.

This book was given to me over 20 years ago by Tom Cabeen, and I can't for the life of me remember the history behind it.

Does anyone know?

• OrphanCrow
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

It was a long wild goose chase, but I found that thread has nothing about what you're asking. It's only about the known original Truth book. I am intrigued though.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Rolly - Is a pic available? Any publisher ID inside at all?

Can you tell which religion it is biased toward?

I'm wondering if it was a private enterprise.

• RolRod
  • tiki
    tiki

The truth that gives you eternal strife

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The truth that gives you eternal constipation.

But you have the hope that you will poop, soon, very soon. The toilet is just around the corner.

Rub a Dub

• a watcher
    a watcher

It's just a deceptive rewriting of the original book. Chapter 7 is "The reason why all Christians go to heaven." JWs don't believe that.

• RolRod
    RolRod

As the story goes this is based on those secret Bible studies that Bethelites were having in the late 1970s, you know the ones that eventually resulted in the expulsion of so many at Bethel including Ray Franz. It was given a similar title to the Truth Book because that was the book used to indoctrinate Bible studies.

RR

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What year was this published ? I`m sure the Russellites ,IBSA ,believed all christians would go to heaven ,if I remember correctly they didn`t beleive in an earthly paradise .that came later with nu-light.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit