I had a melt down with my Father over my Mom and Sister not coming to my daughter's Birthday Party.

by adjusted knowledge 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Giordano
    Giordano

My mom would call me up on my birthday and say I can't believe your xyz years old it seems like it was just yesterday when you were born. That was her way of saying she remembered the day. No card or gift just a nice conversation. Of course we didn't make a big deal out of her birthday since she didn't want or expect any fuse.

• carla
    carla

Mad Irishman, I wonder if your family would have a different view than you do about their being 'hurt' or not?

My jw, the only jw any of us know on either side of the family and I can tell you the family is deeply hurt that he won't go to family events (holidays,birthdays) yet expects people to come to an event (get together) we may host or may have been his idea in the first place. I can't tell you how many times people joke with me (non jw) that they may not be able to come because it is 'against their religion' that day. Yes, they come, because that is what families do, they get together.

Only cults deny the natural family bond.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

carla - "Only cults deny the natural family bond."

Maybe they're trying to indirectly fulfill the "no natural affection" prophecy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit