Question about baptism around 1973- can anyone answer for me?

by Virgochik 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Virgochick, I have come to see water baptism as a (public) symbol or shadow of a higher spiritual reality and legal transaction which is being affirmed by the one being baptised:

"By going under the water I identify with Jesus' death where my sin (dysfunction) was imputed to him, and by coming up from the water I identify with Jesus' resurrection where his (perfect) righteousness was imputed to me as a free gift".

I have affirmed this transaction in my heart when coming to faith in around 2006 (and being born-again spiritually).

I have not felt the need to annul my Watchtower baptism as it was done with a genuine heart for God, albeit in a religious cult with no heart for God.

When I feel moved to I will undertake baptism again with friends and family in a public place quite apart from any organisation or clerical authority. I would actually prefer if we could baptise each other as a family so that no one can claim us as "theirs".

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I was baptized in 1973 with the old gold/yellow "Lamp" book and the question included being baptized in the name of the father, son and holy spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit