My Girlfriendā€™s Beautiful Scottish Terrier Died Yesterday šŸ˜„

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Mia was almost 8 and she was the sweetest dog who was my girlfriendā€™s constant companion. She had a wonderful disposition and was just a source of joy to everyone who would meet her.

She was brought to the vet on Thursday and seemed to have digestive issues. The vet gave her medicine and said it would make her sleepy. By Friday morning we knew the poor dog had something serious going on. We brought her yesterday to the vet and she had severe kidney disease and once blood work was done , he said her condition was irreversible and would have to be put down because she was no doubt in tremendous pain, although Mia never showed signs of it. She was always a peppy dog and within days she just wanted to sleep. We held her until she fell asleep permanently and yesterday afternoon buried her on my girlfriendā€™s property.

I never really was a ā€œdog personā€ but I can honestly say I loved that dog.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Heartfelt sympathy Minimus.

All of us here who have had pets that died know exactly what pain and loss you are feeling. It is truly heartbreaking. .

• Biahi
    Biahi

So sorry, Min, I lost my little dog 2 years ago, and I still miss her.

• LV101
    LV101

So sorry, Minimus. It's brutal losing them and deepest sympathies to you both.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry, always hard to lose a faithful friend.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Very sorry. It hurts. I know from vast experience.

• Simon
    Simon

It's absolutely the worst feeling in the world. I still think about our sweet little girl, who passed away suddenly over two years ago. I really miss her every day - they just love you unconditionally and you don't realize that your life revolves around them so much until they are no longer there.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

having lost a whippet, 4 dobermanns and 2 siamese sealpoint cats over a 20 year period--ive had enough. no more pets for me.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family, in some cases worse as you usually see your pet every day.

The WT people have no comprehension of this however and discourage pet ownership.

George

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Ditto Stan!

I'm a coward and don't want to go through a repeat experience - I just love other people's pets instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit