Japanese born-in ex, draws manga of dub’s life

by pokemon55 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pokemon55
    pokemon55

Ishii Saya ,born-in exJW, drew dub’s life as a manga and published it.
    That manga is drawing attention to the eyes of general public in Japan.

https://gendai.ismedia.jp/articles/-/54012?page=2

translated

it was when I was around ten years old that I noticed the other kids did not receive the JW style physical abuse like I did.

Some people use belts, power cords. My mother had two types of belts and let me choose between “narrow belt” and “wide belt”. A narrow one really hurts. . It hurts like stinging,
    She let my clothes removed, and hit the skin directly.
    I had to convince myself that I deserved it.
    After being beaten, I must say "Thank you". But after that , my mother hugged me and said, "It is not because I hate you." -.

I once heard brothers chatting at a KH,
    What kind of rod is most effective to punishyour child.

• kairos
    kairos

The more I read of experiences and hear first hand the abuse that exists in this cult, the more I hope something can be done.

There's no reason for any of this.
    Why can't we just live life and be happy?

The Japanese content above was very real.
    What a sad story.

• pokemon55
    pokemon55

This is quite common among Jdubs in Japan. Any thought?

• caves
    caves

Sigh... I used to get beat ALL.THE.TIME. For no reason it seems. Very violent jw Great aunt(raised me from 41/2 to 12. The beatings stopped at 11 when I found the only way to make them stop. - I started making loud sex noises with every lash. I would numb my body to the pain for the longest time but never cry out.

One incident before the last beating came while we were in the barn. She grabbed a leather strap to hit me and I was already 6ft tall and I shoved her so hard it made her fly thru the air and it scared the both of us. But I had already quite enough!!! Emotional, physical, sexual abuse. I finally snapped.

Good for this gal using her experience as a jw youth and channeling it into something that might really help people.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As the saying goes a picture is worth more than a thousand words.Another brave woman for publishing this.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

@Pokemon55 This is gorgeous artwork. I wanted to be a cartoonist as a kid and love Manga. I would love to buy a copy, do you know how I'd get my hands on one?

Has it been posted on Reddit, btw?

Thank you for posting.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

As a young adult JW in Canada, one of the things that really chapped my ass was older JDubs whining about how the Law "wouldn't allow spanking anymore"...

...eventually, I got fed up with hearing it, and after a Book Study meeting, when one bitter old biddy started in (again) on the subject, I said, "gosh, you must have really enjoyed it to miss it so much, 'cause I've lost count of how many times you've brought it up" (probably paraphrasing, but that was the gist).

It was over 20 years ago, but I will never forget the look on her and everyone else's face...

...fucking priceless.

Interestingly, I never got in trouble for it (probably wouldn't have cared much if I had, anyway), and more importantly, no one ever brought up that subject in my presence again.

I guess I was as much of a shit-disturber back then as I am now, but I just can't stand willful stupidity (I often wonder if some parents favor corporal punishment because it's a "shortcut" to getting your child to be obedient), and I also learned at a young age that the more crap you take from people (no matter who they are), they more you'll get.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I guess I was as much of a shit-disturber back then as I am now, but I learned at a young age that the more crap you take from people (no matter who they are), they more you'll get.

My personal A-hole barometer :

The good people respect you for being kind,

The mean people respect you for being strong.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Sorry, D, but in my experience, truly mean people aren't actually capable of genuine, authentic "respect".

Still liked what you said, though.

• Giordano
    Giordano

That's a good one Diogenesister

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit