Do You Feel That You Were Brainwashed Into Becoming A JW?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

minimus,

What I say here ABOUT JW's is totally different than what I say TO them. I don't feel that it is hypocritical either. They, by their close-mindedness, make it a necessity.

Brad

• Phil
    Phil

Funny how my views on the general thinking of the Democrats (Liberal) and Republicans (Conservative) are the opposite to Minimus. I am neither one or the other. I suppose I could call myself an Independent. Of all the people I know the republicans think more rationally, using the facts available to arrive at a conclusion or course of action. The Democrats that I know and listen to on TV and radio,seem to think through the heart with little consideration to all the facts as they are. Any one in a discussion of importance that prefaces the sentence with the words "I believe" are not thinking the subject through. I would certainly not take any action in the real world based on what I believe (mental conviction).

• be wise
    be wise
    I, too prefer "mind-control" over "brain-wash".

I think both apply, equaly .

There are so many different reasons why people are attracted to the JW's. My mother for example says she is a lover of the bible and doesn't take all the WBTS abvice into account if she knows it isn't in the bible, but she still activally supports the organisation. WHY?

I was brought up in it from birth so I had no choice in the matter, this is where I think the brain-washing comes in. If you come into it at a later stage I think you're 'mind-controlled'. If you're born into it I think you're 'brain-washed' from an early age and subsequently 'mind-controlled' as an adult.

be wise.

• minimus
    minimus

I think that there are a number of people that do not believe EVERYTHING the Society says but they actively support the "truth". I call such ones "brain dead." They'll just follow along. They are quite content to have SOMETHING they can believe in. Whether they accept all of it or not is not important to them. as long as they have some form of religion or way of life to follow, they are content. Such ones will never be movers and shakers in the organization but they will remain relatively loyal to the"truth".

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    I call such ones "brain dead." - minimus

lol.

SPAZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit