What Being A Jehovah's Witness REALLY Means.....( long post )

by hillary_step 13 Replies latest jw friends

• simplesally
    simplesally

Very good points made.

You forgot these (and I don't have your gift with words, so maybe you can add an addendum to your post)

----- You will not be allowed to choose your entertainment (no rated r movies) or risk being called in by the elders

----- You will not be able to go dancing with your spouse in a club or risk being in a place with "worldly people" and in a place with "free flowing alcohol" and if you do this, you will be called in by the elders.

----- You cannot read magazines like "Cosmo" or "GQ" as they promote worldly thinking and are reading material inappropriate for a Christian.

----- You will not be able to read romance novels or watch soap operas. They do not promote Christian principles.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Outstanding!

AlanF

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Good post. Lately I find myself feeling more and more like an outsider, understanding JW's less and less. Gone is the guilt, gone is so much crap. Then I read good threads like this and WHAM the memories come flooding back. Now looking at JW's it seems like this horrible freakish brainwashed cult. A cult we were all a part of. Thank god we are all out.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

Unspoken rules!

Thanks for numerating them for lurkers and wanna-bes.

If all those actions don't spell c r o w d c o n t r o l, I don't know what would.

j2bf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit