Christmas Cards 2021

by garyneal 10 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal

Hello,

Long time since I have been on here.

I wanted to check in to see if we are doing the Christmas Card list this year.

Is Blondie still in this group? She normally does this.

Thanks

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Hi Garyneal, Blondie stopped posting a while ago. I think she mentioned it was time for her to move on. She was also hurt at the way she'd been treated recently, too. It's such a shame she was a much loved poster and I for one really miss her. I think a couple of people are still in touch with her (and she may be in a Facebook group?). I remember you for sure, though I doubt you remember me :)

I don't know if people still do the Xmas card list. I'd definitely take part if anyone is interested.

Regards, Dio

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I took part in it a couple of years ago and would think about it again maybe.?

• garyneal
    garyneal

smiddy3:

I saw your PM from the prior year but by the time I saw it, Christmas had passed.

Guess I thought no one was interested at the time and I don't post on this board much anymore.

• garyneal
    garyneal

Diogenesister:

Sorry to hear about Blondie. Seems a lot of people have left this board, oh well, I guess we all move on at some point.

I do check in every once in a while to see how things are going. Haven't posted here much myself since my wife was disfellowshipped and she and I separated.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi Garyneal,

Maybe your having a seniors moment my friend LOL ,I have a Xmas , no sorry Happy Holidays card from you in 2019.and I think I sent you a pm on the 11/12/19 according to the card I have in front of me.

Take care mate ,

Blondie told me then she is taking a hiatus,and I`m thinking of sending a Xmas card to all that responded to me back then.

smiddy3

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I have committed myself to send Xmas cards this year to those addresses I have from a previous couple of years ago.

Nobody needs to feel obligated to send one back if they don`t want too.

I have misplaced a couple of cards but still have the envelopes they came in ,but with no indication who sent them.

One was from Berlin Germany and the other was from Milwaukee USA.

If anybody else wants to chime in your very welcome.

,Just pm me with your user name and address.

smiddy3

PS , They will be cheap cards ,it is the thought that counts right ?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I've gotten out of the habit of checking in here, so it's nice to pop in and see that you and Smiddy and others are still ok Gary.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I`m glad to hear/see that your on the right side of the ground and not pushing up daisies yet BS .

Feel free to give us an update on your life if you feel inclined ,pm me if you want ,I`ve missed you on here.

Take care

• garyneal
    garyneal

Black Sheep,

Long time to see. Good to see you are doing okay.

Smiddy3,

Sorry for not checking in sooner. Been busy with the holidays. No worries on the cheap cards, I do the same thing. :D

I get my cards usually from the Dollar (er $1.25) Store.

I just appreciate the exchange.

I got a PM from someone who I think want to head it up. We can certainly do that. I will also look at past lists.

I also want to include my wife for emotional support since she is disfellowshipped and cannot speak to her own family anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit