Jws finally knock my door

by scruffmcbuff 27 Replies latest members private

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

they wanted to show you a short video ? why not ask them first--what is the video about ? chances are--they wont even reply.

same when offered a magazine--ask what its about--chances are they wont know because they havent read it themselves.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

if the video is on a phone or a tablet--and they offer it to you--just say thanks--grab it and shut your door.

see what happens then.

• tiki
    tiki

So this is how they do it nowadays? Here..watch this. Then what? It strikes me funny in a way..perhaps they don't trust their lemmings to sputter out the good news properly so they have to just show it? Uniformity of approach...and people are willing to go out and do something this lame.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Spilled my coffee over that response Tiki

• LV101
    LV101

tiki - bullseye perfect! That's precisely what their game is and my first thought when I heard this new tooling few yrs. ago. They know they're pros (compared to the minions and let's face it JWs aren't the best sales peeps) at this and they can't afford to lose a potential gullible on the line.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Nowadays, Jdubs are pre-programmed to run at anything that requires them to think, unfortunately.

• blondie
    blondie

stan, many if not most jws won't admit they are jws when asked by the person at the door. Many say, "I'm a Christian" or "I'm a Bible student" and then change the subject. If they won't identify themselves using probably the only chance to say their version of God's name, why should they reveal what the I-pad video says.

When I was a regular pioneer, the current CO told us not to identify ourselves as jws right away, because it shut down the conversation right away. Just go into your presentation, and then later respond to any direct question as to being jws.

A sidepoint: One CO told us not to have the bible out at first at the door, but the publication being presented turned to the page to be discussed.

The next CO, told us to have the bible in our hand, and read a scripture first.

Now that was confusing, which one was presenting god's viewpoint?

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I dont think any JW(Even elders or COs) would ever look into the Evidence we would share.

This happened in my life. During a call to revive me. I presented the elders with a Copy of the WT involvment with the United Nations and I offered to play them the ARC video on youtube. They refused to watch and said they will come back after making their own reearch. In fact they were ignorant of both these Issues until I brought them up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit