The difference in JWs in the cult

by mickbobcat 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Overrated
    Overrated

Being lied to, being used as a cheap trick for time and money. Being told ridiculous rules to follow. No, can't and. Wont be a Jw.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

I've "been around a while", raised as a JW in a previous century

There were dozens of JW kids in my congregation and neighboring congregations, within a few years of my age, attending school around the same time.

With just a few exceptions, most of the "good kids" left "the truth" within a few years of graduating high school, while a higher percentage of the "double-lifers" ended up sticking around, some even progressing up the chain of "organizational privileges".

Indeed, hypocrisy abounds within the JW congregations. Hypocrisy is not really objectively measurable, but if it were, I suspect the ratio of it within the JW Org would exceed that of the general population.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FFGHOST:

Yes, hypocrisy does abound in the religion. And, I agree that it is certainly higher than in the general population.

When I came into the religion as a young working adult I was criticized like crazy by older people in the congregation. I was shunned and hardly invited anywhere. Meanwhile, practically ALL these older people were once in the workforce and were either collecting their pensions or close to it. But, yet poverty and pioneering was preached to me and other young people there...Thankfully, I resisted their criticism and worked until I Retired.

It bothers me that there is No mention of this and certainly nobody seems to feel any accountability over this situation and mentality..It seems to be ignored like the 1975 fiasco.

Just about all of these Hypocritical older people have passed away after living comfortable lives.. However, any of the young Baby Boomer types who listened to bad advice and pursued poverty in the 1970s/1980s instead of getting a decent job or career are in a bad predicament today!

• Overrated
    Overrated

I had to fight tooth to nail to get an education/ good paying job. They crying self serving elders would bitch to my parents that I was not doing enough for the cult. I'm glad out. They can sit and spin for as I'm concerned.

• Overrated
    Overrated

JeffB-must be getting his service time but has no ideal what kind of site he his on.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    mickbobcat - "So many cult members would live double lives..."

It's like homophobic politicians...

...the more anti-gay they are, the more likely they're into the buttsex.

Vidiot

• Rocketman123
    Rocketman123

Of course there is differences in personality and behavior among practicing JWS but one thing they all hold to them all is their inherent hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit