Who Really Was Satan?

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 31 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Dont you think that Satan was a POMO ?

When you read in the genesis account : "At this the serpent said to the woman: 'You certainly will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad.'". What happens to Adam and Eve after they eat the fruit? Verse 7: "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked......."

Verse 22: "Jehovah God then said: 'Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad. Now in order that he may not put his hand out and take fruit also from the tree of life and eat and live forever,—

What does this account tell me is that Satan was a POMO and he so wanted to help adam and eve see the TTATT?

God is basically thinking-- oh no they have become like me, in knowing everything.They can now ovrtake my power too by just reaching out to the tree of life and eating from it ! I need to stop them from doing so , so banish them fro this palce !

Sounds familiar!!! Power hungry, ego maniac, culty, and micromanaging!

Zing

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

what was wrong with knowing good and bad ?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Good point you are making but lets think of this in another way. No satan no need for a god. You only need salvation or a god to workship if there is a satan. Just a thought. Still Totally ADD

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Satan was so a Defector !

Zing

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Verse 7: "Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized that they were naked......."

As the only two humans on a paradise earth, and since they only ever saw naked animals, they would have no concept or understanding of clothing, covering or what nakedness is.

The quoted scripture seems to suggest they were programmed to understand what naked was and feel shame in being so, only if they ate of the forbidden fruit.

It appears the shame for being naked causing them to cover themselves, may have been the physical indication to God that they had disobeyed even as we are lead to believe God can see everything every person does.

Sorry for veering from your question but thought I would comment on this point since you had included it in your initial post.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

@Stanlivedeath

Then god can not have the power to rule you, instruct you and play with you as a puppet jsut like the Gar Bage GB does now. Knowing good and bad is knowledge/education.This is damaging to God as the verse itself says. So the trend follows in the cult from the beginning. No higher education!

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A point of logical reasoning .....

How could God judge Adam and Eve and condemn them if prior to eating the forbidden fruit they did not know what was good or evil ?

As its known today the ancient Hebrew mythological story of how the world came into existence is wrought with illogical fallacies.

• I quit!
    I quit!

I agree Finkelstein, it makes no sense to punish them if they didn't know the difference of good from bad till they ate the fruit. But then again it make no sense to punish all future generations of mankind because of something a couple of people did that didn't know any better. It's took me a long time but now I realize that none of it makes any sense.

• Simon
    Simon

God thought it was the snake, so, a bit of an idiot.

But other people get fooled? He punishes them.

Dick.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Verse 22: "Jehovah God then said: 'Here the man has become like one of us in knowing good and bad.

So their are more than one God ,he / she obviously had peers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit