"Special" has lost its' special meaning

by stillin 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Data Dog: I have evolved into an informed consumer as the years pass. In fact, I'm probably the most hated "consumer" of any business. I do my research, knowing that any given business wants my hard-earned $$$, and no amount of emotional appeal works anymore. Like the WTBTS "resurrection" video, my emotions are stirred, but I realize that stirring my emotions is the goal of the WTBTS. I am now objective and think, "That was an emotional video, but I know that it's based on false premises."

Well said!

I am just like you. I wont believe something is a "good deal" or a "special" until I have done my research...after all, isn't that what an intelligent person should do with their "God-given" brain?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ironic...

..."special" ain't special any more. :smirk:

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    Special ? Not the way it was given at the local K Hall !
  • Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

In the education world, "special" takes on a whole new meeting.

Keeping this in mind, I think the word "special" used with anything JW is very appropriate.

• Wild_Thing
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail
    I think it is called 'Special Talk' because of the Memorial/Easter Hype and the Borg is hoping to ride the coat tails of religious fervor of the season. The 'Speical Talk' seems to come a week after Easter.
  • Richard C B
    Richard C B
    stop complaining!
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Another propaganda piece painting the entire human experience as 2 road choices. One leads to everlasting life (please make checks payable to Watchtower) and the other leads to eternal destruction. Jehovah happy if you take the JW road. Devil happy if you take the other road.

Let's see how many culty boxes we can check off in one "special" talk. Black-and white thinking, us vs. them, promise of eternal blessings if you pick the right road (be a JW), promise of fiery destruction at Armageddon if you pick wrong road (anything that is not being a JW), one-sided argument with no rebuttal allowed, followed by a huge piece of behavioral control in the Watchtower study espousing how happy field service makes us and what a wonderful undeserved privilege it is (the rocks could cry it out - doncha know)

I think we pretty much checked off the whole cult checklist in one meeting.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Well said xjwsrock!
  • xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Thanks Stuckinarut.

I keep looking around the hall lately, thinking "Surely someone else is outraged at this!" I look and I don't see anybody markedly disturbed, but I'm starting to wonder about all those "crazies". You know the ones. Maybe they all know what's up and that's why they're "crazy".

I can't take it much longer. The wife may have to be one of those with an "unbelieving mate" soon.

--Sorry to get off topic. The Special Talk was awful. It's like they aren't even trying. "Do the Cult stuff again...." is overheard in the writing dept. often these days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit