New Witness video "Do not visit Witness dating sites" be happy single. Sick Horror!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

In my area, JWs were very cliquish. One had to be accepted by the clique, mostly made up of preps/jocks obsessed with clothing and sports. If you were excluded to these circles, no matter how “theocratic”, there was no way you were dating. What is left over of those excluded were often “mismatched pieces”.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

They should just make a video titled, "Don't enjoy your life." That's all this cult does is discourage anything that makes you happy...no kids...no college...no dating...don't buy a home...don't have a good job...don't better yourself...don't...don't...don't!

Glad to be free and enjoying life with NO judgement!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    I have seen people marry some complete nerd simply because there was not much choice...total opposite personalities! Or pioneering staying single and commiting fornication due to human nature...maybe with someone married and romantic feelings came out for the wrong person.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It's funny to me that JWs are so conditioned to avoid and distrust *anything* that does not originate from the WTS/org itself.

While talking to my non-jw aunt and uncle, my single, hardcore jw sister responded to their inquiry about dating sites for JWs - like J-Date - she smiled pretty, shook her head and said "There *are* some, but none of them are from the official organization."

I started to reason with her that it is just social -interaction in the computer age. My thinking was that is is similar to having a non-official 'get-together' with people from various congregations.

She darted me a critical sneer then sweetly repeated her comment to our aunt and uncle: 'There are sites, but they are not sponsored or supported by headquarters.'

Sad.

Part of me wants to say 'What's the harm in letting people meet and mingle?'

Then I remember things that happen when JWs actually *do* speak honestly without their JW filters. Terrible things happen. Like people learn the Truth About the 'Truth'.

And websites like JWD/JWN grow and take hold.

So family members yet again remain captives of the concept they choose to put above all else - including their own freedom and happiness.

-Aude.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Witness 007: There is nothing wrong with marrying a complete nerd.

I am proud of who I am!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's funny to me that JWs are so conditioned to avoid and distrust *anything* that does not originate from the WTS/org itself.

Good point AudeSapere

Yes they are so trusting and avowed to JWorg. that outside websites are deemed suspicious. ???

One has to keep in mind though that JWS are highly mentally controlled in their behavior, so if something doesn't come off the podium or in a talk its deemed right away as a Red Flag.

It was brought by the WTS. a while back that JWS should stay away from social media sites such as Facebook and Tweeter. This may have instigated some JWS to obey that direction including JW dating sites.

JWS are not suppose to date undisclosed by their local elders anyways, they supposed to be open about to whom they are dating , when and how. They are watched very carefully to be sure.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Actually, since being single actually makes it easier to fade, I don't really have a problem with this advice. :smirk:
  • Sabin
    Sabin
    Toesup, you are so right, everything is no no no NO. Our daughter phoned her sister (fleshly) crying & said "I'm gonna end up an old single pioneer sister that no-one wants, when all I want is a marriage like mum & dad have got with a couple of kid's." She is strong headed speaks her mind, educated, beautiful young woman of 21. Ironically my hubby isn't a witness, we married when I was out the first time. I could scream, they are told all the time worldly men are so bad & yet when a woman is treated badly by a JW husband they say "at least you stayed faithful to Jehovah." What a crock of shit.
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Very true. Being single would be advantageous to fading!!!

Could never imagine a man in the Borganization how tough it would be to pull off a fade being an MS, or Elder with a family.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

This cult is evil.

They have placed a lifelong moratorium on happiness for all it's members.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit