Submitting a DA letter and walking away?

by Jourles 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Maverick
    Maverick

My understanding is that they changed the wording because of people doing what I did. I was dunked in 1979. And unless they have a video recording of my swearing in they can't prove I moved my lips. Also in 1986 when they had all the J-duds at the District Conventions say "Yes" to the change in their Baptismal Vow, unless they have me on tape saying yes to that, they can't prove I ever did.

The local Cong. DA'd me six weeks after I sent out the letters. I wrote the PO, called him a coward and a liar and told him to retract the statement as I did not DA myself. I knew the prick wouldn't do it but it felt good to piss on the jerk.

As for minors, If they wait too long after they come of age the courts will not recognize their nullification. Non action constitutes acceptance. So if you are a minor the DAY you turn of age start raising hell and writing letters. They will cut you lose. If you wait, join the rest of us tunnel diggers trying to make an escape! Maverick

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Sounds like they called your bluff and won. I was excited for a minute.

• Roddy
    Roddy

>>In summary, I think as J-duds we were trained to roll over and take it. J-duds give in too easily, they rat themselves out at the drop of a hat. Just because they say it, don't make it so! Make them work for it, and if I've learned one thing in my time as a Dud, NEVER TELL THEM ANYTHING THEY CAN HURT YOU WITH! <<

True words. They love to come with "Trust in Jehovah" and "Leave the matter with Jehovah" when they really mean "Leave the matter to us and go away quietly."

I've also learned another thing the hard way which you meantioned: NEVER EVER volunteer information. Never be totally honest with the elders. And always have something nice to say about yourself, others, and the weather. Being unsinkably upbeat annoys them to no end. And they can't get to you with one of their tactics to guilt trip you and make you a sinner where you NEED their help and the help of the the Faithful and Discreet Slave and all their wonderful spiritual provisions. Sheesh - I can still talk like them! ARRRGH

• suavojr
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Maverick: Excellent idea there. Could you do everyone a huge favor and copy the body of the letter (minus the personal stuff of course) into a posting, so we can get an idea what a valid Baptism Nullification letter looks like. You might just start a new trend there.

I don't see why one would want to go to this trouble when the result of this letter was the same as a regular DA letter or a DF: offical announcement and offical shunning. Unless it was just for the principle of thing...

There have been letters posted on this forum that did result in no announcement and no offical shunning (though some were still shunned by individuals despite there being no announcement 'so-and-so is no longer a JW')

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit