Submitting a DA letter and walking away?

by Jourles 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jourles
    Jourles

I have been perusing through the many BOE documents I have recently received and noticed something interesting. Regarding ones who disassociate themselves, there have been many discussions on this board where people tell others not write a letter as you are giving away any legal footing you may have against the Society. Well, it appears that there are two routes you can take without officially getting DA'd, according to the Society's own documents. The two documents in question are the S-77 form and a letter outlining what should be done with those who DA themselves.

Notice the wording below.... (signed statement and two witnesses)

So what happens when an individual hands the elders or the Society a letter of DA but refuses to sign it? AND, they never meet with two elders to say they are DA'ing themselves, either over the phone or in person? Will it only piss the elders off that you won't sign it?

Legally, the Society would want you to sign it simply because anyone could forge your letter. You could always say later that you did not give them a letter. Who's to argue? If you didn't sign it, an elder could have written it as far as anyone knows. This would be an easy way to let the elders know why you are leaving and list your reasons for such. Plus - and this is the fun part - you get to mess with their "theocratic" way of order. Do you know how hard they will try to get you to sign your letter or to get you to say you are DA'ing yourself in front of two elders? I would be curious to know how they would handle a situation like this. What could you do if they made an announcement to the congregation that you DA'd yourself, where in all actuality you did not? They could not prove that you DA'd yourself, according to their own documents. I would say sue em'.

Of course, this scenario would only work with someone who simply leaves and does not join the military, take a blood transfusion, etc. Any situation which qualifies as an automatic DA.

• avengers
    avengers

Lots of "sealed envelopes". Wouldn't it be nice to get a hold of them?

mmmmm.......Andy

• Maverick
    Maverick

My Baptism Nullification letter came right out and said, "This is not a letter of disassociation." I never met with them and left a message on the PO voice mail, (after he left a message on my voice mail wanting me to meet him) telling him he was a retired grocery clerk and had no spiritual authority over me. I then sent a copie of my BN letter to the CO with a note on it telling him he was just a corporate inspector and I asked him if he had ever had a real job? I sent out many copies of my BN letter to J-duds I knew everywhere. The result. My spies told me the PO wanted to DF me for apostacy in the worst way but the CO said to change my status to that of an unbaptized publisher and DA me. Which they did, I have a digital recording of the announcement. Took them six weeks to do all this.

The morning after the PO made the announcement I sent a letter to him calling him a liar, a coward and demanding a retraction as I did not DA myself. I told him he was no better than the Governingbodygod he worshipped. Needless to say they had the "Beware of people who DA themselves, as they are Big Bad Apostates!!! talk the following Sunday.

This last week I downloaded the NGO letters posted here and sent copies Monday morning to all the JW gossip mongers I knew and put this PO's return address on them. My spies told me they had an Elders meeting Wed. night that was very heated. I'm not done yet! Maverick

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Maverick...I am curious about what you meant by they reduced you to an unbaptised publisher and then DA you. Are you suggesting they changed the files? How then could they DA you if you are not regarded as baptised?

• Maverick
    Maverick

Good question Pete! They would not contest my grounds for claiming that I was baptized under misleading pretenses. If you have the 1988 WT BV look up 11/15 pgs. 18-19 paragraphs 16-18. This outlines the treatment of an unbaptized publisher who does not want to continue to associate with the J-duds. Now remember the J-dud Master talk out of both sides of their month. Maverick

• joe_from_kokomo
    joe_from_kokomo

Maverick: Excellent idea there. Could you do everyone a huge favor and copy the body of the letter (minus the personal stuff of course) into a posting, so we can get an idea what a valid Baptism Nullification letter looks like. You might just start a new trend there.

• minimus
    minimus

So, all you have to do is say that you were misled when you got baptized? And then they'll change your status to unbaptized publisher and then you become disassociated???

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Because of the failed prophecies, they are a false prophet - so the baptism into their god and community is not what it is puported to be.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Actually this is exactly what I did. I wrote a letter to my old congregation (in another city) stating that I did not wish to have any connection with the religion known as Jehovah's Witneses, nor with the Watchtower corporation. I forgot to sign it. Months later they replied asking me to sign the letter. Still, as far as I know, I am DA'd.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Maverick, you certainly live up to your name!

I'm a little confused (my normal state of mind ); you were baptized, but you got your baptism nullified??!! According to the latest info I could find, the only reason a baptism could be "officially" nullified is if it was performed when the person was surreptiously living a non-JW lifestyle (no reflection on you). Your ref to "unbaptized associate" wouldn't seem to be relevant to the issue

Best regards,

Craig

PS: Jourles, thanks for that info! btw, How's it going for you...everything still cool? (nomb)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit