I love it That JW`s Worship A God Named by The Catholics ,And Follow The Bible Of the protestants .

by smiddy3 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Do you see the A in Jah/Yah? I certainly do. And by your logic, couldn't his name then be rendered Jahovah?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As its been accepted now more than ever the JW religion is false religion created by a single publishing house (WTS), with a false Gospel propagated at its core.

The leaders of the WTS were novice bible theologians teaching others their false unbiblical doctrines, their doctrines were instigated to proliferate literature not true and accurate bible interpretation.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Johnamos and his...

"do you see logic!"

There is a Vietnamese man's name that is spelled 'Phuc'. Ninety-nine percent of English speaking individuals would accentuate the 'c' and pronounce that name 'Fuck'! The Vietnamese people from my understanding leave the 'c' silent! Therefore 'Phuc' is actually & literally pronounced 'Phoo'.

I pitty Vietnamese men who come to this country and expect to be respected and not laughed at for having that name. In the same way I pitty the Almighty...cause who knows how the mispronunciation of 'Jehovah' must sound like to him.

Just one letter alone can cause one hell of a lot of embarrassment...Jehovah's Witnesses & their logic are such dumb bells!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My point johnamos is that the name/word Jehovah was not uttered by Jesus , the Apostles , or any of his disciples in the Greek Text that the Jehovah`s Witnesses based their Kingdom Interlinear Translation on the word for word Greek to English translation printed by the WTB&TS.

Additionally the first edition of the "Aid To Bible Understanding " book published by the WTB&TS admitted that Jehovah was not the most accurate pronunciation of Gods name however that was the most popular name in use at the time. ( By Christendom of course ) Especially the Roman Catholic Church who have that name engraved on centuries old Churches around the world .

So rather than go for the more accurate name for God in the Old Testament / Hebrew scriptures they chose the more populous name for God used by Christendom that they continually condemn as the anti-Christ .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

A question for JWs:

Why do you think God made sure his full name never appears in scripture?

Why did he leave us in the dark?

Answer: because it's not important to know or pronounce his name. What is important is to know (ginosko) him and not just "taking in knowledge" or knowing facts about him.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

And when you do get to know ( ginosko ) God /Jehovah ? Yahweh ? by his deeds and actions in the Bible you get to to know and see what a terrible being he/she really is .

Certainly not an entity that is worthy of worship.

The god of the bible has caused more suffering and death to humans on earth than Satan ever did and if you don`t believe that then read the Bible again without your rose coloured glasses on.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I recall reasoning somewhere that a reason for not using God's name is because overuse is the same as abusing it. If God wanted us to use a name for Him, He would have let it be known, not just guessed at.

The WTBTS/JW prove the idea that using a name too much is abusing it.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Smiddy,

Quote - [My point johnamos is that the name/word Jehovah was not uttered by Jesus , the Apostles , or any of his disciples in the Greek Text] – End quote

That is simply not an accurate statement. I will return back to this later to explain why.

Quote - [the WTB&TS admitted that Jehovah was not the most accurate pronunciation of Gods name however that was the most popular name in use at the time] – End quote

YES, that is true. I read the same, but I don't care what the WTS says, I am addressing what you said and that is:

[The name Jehovah was unheard of before the 13th Century simply because no one beforehand had added vowels to those four Hebrew consonants representing Gods name ….And then comes along a Spanish Catholic Monk of the 13th Century that adds vowels to those 4 Hebrew consonants and he comes up with the name Jehovah.]

So based on that, will you answer the questions I asked YOU:

Do you agree that the Jews never stopped pronouncing the following 3 words in the Scriptures?

3050. Yah

3470. Ysha'yah

3092. Yehoshaphat

Do you agree that those 3 words written in Hebrew are consonants only and the vowels there are inserted based on how they would pronounce those words?

יה

ישעיה

הושפט

Do you agree that a Hebrew speaking person would have no dispute about those 3 Hebrew words when it comes to spelling and pronouncing them in English the way they are written in those Scriptures?

Jah

Isaiah

Jehoshaphat

Did the Spanish Catholic Monk of the 13th Century have anything to do with the vowels used in those 3 Hebrew words?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I love it That JW`s Worship A God Named by The Catholics ,And Follow The Bible Of the protestants .

And, if you are a worshiper of the God of the Bible and not accepting the Trinity, you are technically a Unitarian.
    So, they are Unitarians who worship a Catholic God with their Protestant Bibles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit