230 Rulses for JW's.
Most of the rules make sense, to avoid harmful things, but there are a lot of rules there that are not really rules but just guidence.
You must not have a career in professional sports.
You must not have a career in professional dancing.
You must not have a career in professional acting.
You must not have a career in professional music.
Well there have been a few active JWs who have broken these rules, if they were rules in the first place.
I dont think any of these so called rules can be found in any of the ORGs publications.
If so Prince would ave to be disfellowshiped. He is still a mega star, and is still doing gigs, he played in London last year I went to see him, he cleaned up his act, some of his classic songs have had the words changed to clean them.
What about the Williams sisters? They are professional sports starts and active JW's. They always give priase to Jah when they win a major tennis tournament.
You must believe that the “Sons of the True God” in Genesis 6 are angels.
You must believe that some of the angels in the time of the flood have been imprisoned ever since.
You must believe in the Nephilim and that they were human giants, sons of angels, despite no archaeological evidence of their existence.
Taking them one at a time, there are Angles mentioned throughout the bible. As with most of the 'rules' they could be summed up with You must believe the entire Bible is Gods word.!.!
Next one is wrong, the bible doesnt say these angles have been imprisoned yet. They are the rulers of this world at present. Satan and the demons are the rulers of this world right now, thats why the world is so messed up.
The bible does say they will be imprisoned for a thousand years then let out for a short time before being destroyed forever.
There have been archaeological finds of larger skulls and even well preserved corpses from before the flood. Google the ICE MAN for one such example, he was larger than 'normal' people.
Thats incorrect. Paul, stealing from greek mythology, said the disobdient angles were thrown into tartarus, or imprisioned.
Any google referances to "larger skulls" (as in nephelium) are clearly hoaxes. Its ok, former brother. Its a long march to truth :)
I'm the writer of the article. Let me respond to your justified criticisms one by one:
1. JWs are not technically prohibited from taking up professional sports or acting careers etc but the Society does provide a lot of suggestive material to persuade its members to away from such careers. Most Jehovah's Witnesses were/are either weak members of the organization or they were not members at all when they got involved such careers. I'll clarify this in the rules.
2. Not all commentaries believe that Genesis 6:2 refers to angels. However, Jehovah's Witnesses do.
3. Jehovah's Witnesses must believe that angels have been imprisoned since the time of the flood. And you must believe in the Nephilim as being Giants. That is all part of Jehovah's Witness doctrine. _Morpheus has also confirmed this.
4. "You must believe the entire bible is God's word" is a separate rule and one that I have forgotten. I'll add this. But in the context that you place it, it cannot be inserted as the rules are only applicable in the manner in which Jehovah's Witnesses interpret scripture.
5. All the rules with regard to angels are very much correct and can be confirmed with Watchtower references. I will in time place these references into the article, to remove any doubt.
6. The list of rules has now grown to over 350.
1. Can you provide specific references to suggestive material to persuade its members to away from such careers? I use again Prince, or the artist formerly known as, he is very famous and now a very active brother strong in the truth, as said the Williams sisters, are top tennis players and you are wrong to say the things you said in the rules. There are many other less well known but professionals in their fields.
I think you are getting confused with suggestive material to persuade its members to away from such careers if its very time consuming and there is very little chance of success. All the pop idle and wannabes movie stars. But if you have genuine talent, then thats a different matter.
The sons of God. . . . —The literal translation of this verse is, And the sons of the Elohim saw the daughters of the adam that they were good(beautiful); and they took to them wives whomsoever they chose. Of the sons of the Elohim there are three principal interpretations: the first, that of the Targums and the chief Jewish expositors, that they were the nobles, and men of high rank; the second, that they were angels. St. Jude, Jude 1:6, and St. Peter, 2 Ep., 2Peter 2:4, seem to favour this interpretation,
There is no doubt that JWs are correct about this. The sons of God are most certainly angels, they created bodies for themselves to have sex with pretty women on earth. The bible is very clear about this in a few places. They forsake their heavenly position to have sex with the women on earth.
Jude 1:6 And angels who did not keep their own domain, but abandoned their proper abode,........... since they in the same way as these indulged in gross immorality and went after strange flesh,
There are many many other things that are wrong, I will go into it when I have time.
But please research more before writing such things.
I agree with former brother, not all them are rules! Some of them mentioned and very over the top and is down to a persons own personal choice and are more guidelines rather the rules. I was brought up as a witness for 30 years I no longer go since last year but I just wanted to clarify that they aren't all "rules"
Folks, your wonderful feedback has been taken on board. The post has been review and some deletions were made and the rules have been divided into the rules you "should" follow (these are rules that one is recommended to follow) and the rules you "shall" follow (those that one is required to follow). I hope this helps. Any additional feedback, criticism is very welcome. Thank you.