Do our loved pets come back when we do?

by Nichole 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    You should study the Bible in depth before you make any long term decisions. Most religious people will not tell you that the Bible is full of contradictions, prophecies that didn't come true and science and math mistakes. Good luck on your journey of life, remember you only live once don't waste your time.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Hi Nichole, I dare say your partners Dad knows full well what the general consensus is amongst Jehovah's Witnesses regarding animals being resurrected - in short - they won't. He is hedging with an answer because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings and put you off your study.

Try asking him what he personally thinks on this matter.

• Landy
    Landy

Just another post to confirm that JW's believe that pets and animals won't be resurrected.

They take the opinion thst Jesus didn't die so tibbles could be saved.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Nichole if your still reading please note that just about everyone here has been honest with you.......... immediately. We gather here for conversation, to vent, to offer encouragement especially to those who can't leave the JW's because they have family still in. Some have been disfellowshiped for any one of 3 dozen or so reasons like smoking. Thousand have died refusing a Blood transfusion.

I suggest you look up Jehovah's Witnesses in the 2015 Pew religious survey: http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

You found us by accident but then again was it an accident?

• talesin
    talesin

Hi Nichole,

Welcome! By now, you know that many people here, are not 'fans' of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Let's talk about your beloved pet. I grew up in the religion, and we were taught that animals are a 'lower species" (for lack of a better term), and that as Genesis says, the animals are here for 'our use'. They are beasts, and it is wrong to be too close. For example, if your dog sleeps in your bed, that would be considered 'weird' by many Jehovah's Witnesses.

That is only one thing that may make you stop and think, before you embrace their teachings. There are many others, but you have chosen to share your love of your dog, so that is a good place to start when examining this question: Do I want to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Oh, a pic of my gurl. RIP Precious Blue

• talesin
    talesin

Godless witch that I am, this poem brings me comfort.

** wait, listen, can you hear it? It's her ........ " xoxoxo

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Seriously?

First you should know that this discussion board is populated primarily with JW "apostates", although we prefer to be called XJWs. So the likelyhood of you getting a WTB&TS approved reply here is slim.

Second, do you have any grasp of basic Christian theology?

In it, ADAM & EVE sinned, and the "ransom" of Jesus was supposed to buy MANKIND - ADAM'S kids - back into God's good graces.

The bible doesn't suggest anywhere that animals of any kind will live after death anywhere except at your local BBQ shack.

Sorry to harsh your mellow, but that's what the bible says.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

No, sorry, no pets or miscarried babies, either.

Paradise is just for a few JWs. Everyone and everything else will either die or stay dead.

• talesin
    talesin
    Seriously?

No. It's just a comforting fantasy. xo

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I remember a Pentecostal lady that said that her pets would be in heaven. Even though I was a JW at that time I applied my critical thinking skills and realized that if pets were resurrected then why not other animals?

Why not pigs? Some people have pet pigs. They are intelligent animals. How about pets like my beloved childhood goldfish Goldy? Dolphins?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit