A major misadventure!

by Bungi Bill 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Get well soon,Bingo Bill

• S K Ditta
    S K Ditta

I am sorry.

The surgeons tell me that it will be three months before I am able to place my full weight on the leg, and up to six months before I can walk again on it comfortably.
    I had managed to last 62 years

Your strength of experience is on your side. May you have rest and patience, one day at a time!

Keep us posted in your enduring spirit of adventure.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bloody hell BB that sounds terrible what you went through .Your not a young guy anymore so take it easy and hopefully everything will work out alright in time.

take care

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Much love to you mate!
    We share your pain.

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry to hear that. I hope you make a quick recovery. It will be better when you can get out and about more.

• under the radar
    under the radar

So sorry you got hurt, but I'm glad you got things taken care of right away and seem to be settling in for the long recovery.

It's great that your employer has been "wonderfully supportive" so far, but please be very careful if you're invited to sign any kind of release or settlement at this stage. "It's only a formality. You don't have to worry about a thing." The person saying this may mean it sincerely, but upper management may decide differently down the road. Please have an experienced attorney review ANY paperwork you're expected to sign. Your injuries may have far reaching effects that you don't anticipate now. Besides the current medical expenses and possibly reduced income while recovering, your income producing potential for the future could be drastically reduced. I highly recommend competent legal advice to make sure everything is considered and carefully thought out before you sign anything.

All that aside, I wish you a speedy recovery. We'll be thinking of you.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I have just come back from my appointment with the Outpatients Dept at the local hospital.

The orthopaedic surgeons are very pleased with the way everything has healed, and I have been sent home without a cast on the injured limb. The next step is to have physiotherapy, and the possibility has been raised that I may be able to return to work on apart time basis, while carrying out "light duties" (which in my case would mean sitting at a computer terminal).

Will keep everyon eposted as to progress!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Sounds a lot like my sons injuries. He was in a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks ago and fractured both his tibia and fibula on one leg and several tears of ligaments on the other. He also got the rod driven down the tibia and will have months of no weight bearing on either leg.

I know you pain:( My son was telling me those kayaking commercials never looked so good now that he can only go from his bed to his wheelchair.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams
    Glad to hear that the pain is easily controllable and that you're on the mend.
  • Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Thanking everybody here for their kind thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit