Where does your cong. stand on Motorcycles

by blownaway 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blownaway
    blownaway
    I just sold my bike today. And got me to thinking. I was in one cong. where the elders would ride out west every year. I was on one in Fla. that was a lot of older ones who thought they were dangerous and a good christian would not ride.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As long as it has 4 doors they are fine.

• Addison0998
    Addison0998

There was a group of young guys a few hours from where I lived who looooved bikes. They were like a little JW biker gang lol. But a few of them were pretty reckless and loved going way too fast. And very tragically, a young man about 21 lost his life, they said that in the helicopter on the way to the hospital, the last thing he ever said to the paramedics was, no blood. Very sad. But anyways, all his friends immediately sold their motorcycles.

But on a different note, there was this young single brother I knew who had a beautiful mustang, and the elders were constantly passive aggressively nagging at him and hinting their disapproval for his car choice. Maybe they were jealous .

But there’s never any part of your life that gets by without people in the congregation, trying to attempt to regulate and control it.

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

Our former presiding overseer had a motorbike for years. He used his car for the meetings to give others a lift, but he travelled to any of the conventions in his leathers.

• jws
    jws

I remember an MS had a motorcycle he'd ride a lot. Then, either accidentally or on purpose, he drove into the back of a car. Left behind a young family.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

We don't ask! But here in California there a a whole bunch of us that ride motorcycles. Elders ?? MS's?? Pioneers?? it don't matter we just ride. Went on an "all jw" ride back in May with about 50 other "good" jw's that ride!

just saying!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I hope they dont stand on motorcycles at all. Its dangerous.

Also my congregation LOVES motorcycles. Heres a sermon from the pastor (who rode motorcycles a lot)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fQlKa7nGlek

• Simon
    Simon

You NEVER stand on a motorcycle !!

Oh, you meant ...

(damn, Morpheus beat me to the joke)

• carla
    carla

I thought they must have flip flopped or something on the issue? My jw wanted a motorcycle for awhile then he said that they were dangerous and you shouldn't put yourself in danger, blah, blah.... then he wanted one again. Now who knows?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@simon- jinx!

Carla, there is no particular stance against them in print but, as with many issues, jw’s take nosy and over self important interest in what others do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit