Covid is making a comeback. Going back to the Kingdom Hall is becoming more of a Hope, (like Armageddon)

by pistolpete 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

If you have been keeping up with the news, many cities are seeing an uptick in Covid cases. Mask mandates are being implemented in many cities.

Many pimos are relating that their PIMI parents and grandparents are SCARED to go back and are having a hard time following the elder's exhortation to attend the memorial, because it might be the last.

A lot of PIMI's are saying; that it doesn't make logical sense for large groups of people to meet in a crowded building passing and touching emblems and wine glasses while Covid is still around and Vaccines have not prevented the death of many who still got the virus.

The elders keep reminding the sheeple that "We Must Obey,Even if it Doesn't make Sense."

On Saturday, the U.S. logged more than 62,000 new infections, bringing the nation's total known infections closer to 31 million, according to data from Johns Hopkins. Scientists are also closely tracking new variants of the virus as they emerge

States such as Michigan, Minnesota and Nebraska have been seeing particularly worrying upward trends in new infections. The disease has been creeping up steadily in places like Massachusetts, New Jersey, Delaware and Florida, too.

Globally, nearly 131 million cases have been documented, with nearly 3 million deaths since the outbreak began over a year ago.

The U.S. has seen nearly 555,000 deaths so far.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/apr/10/fauci-warns-door-mask-mandates-might-make-comeback/

https://www.thestreet.com/latest-news/covid-is-making-a-comeback-in-much-of-the-u-s

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I quite agree about the risk of Covid, it is similar in the U.K.

To be fair, there has not been a mandate for all to return to live meetings. We have “hybrid “ meetings both live and on zoom . It is my feeling that most of the oldies stay home and zoom in, even the memorial. The person conducting the meetings tries to make a point of including both groups...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

They’ve chosen to go back to Kingdom Halls in the UK when cases are at the highest they have ever been in the pandemic. (Estimates are more than 1 in 15 are currently infected) Even with high vaccination rates there are currently significant numbers of deaths in the UK. If they had waited, even just a few weeks, it is likely that cases will go down significantly as summer approaches.

I heard there was an outbreak in a nearby congregation following the first Sunday back, with the majority of those in attendance now testing positive.

While they allow answers from those who remain on Zoom, they do seem to only allow talks to be given by those physically in the Kingdom Hall. So it is being made clear that those who remain on Zoom are not equal to those in the KH.

• surprised2bhere
    surprised2bhere

Brother A assigned to Memorial talk. Covid. Brother B assigned. Covid. Brother C assigned. Covid. Sound of barrel being scraped.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    To be fair, there has not been a mandate for all to return to live meetings.

I believe the mandate "you get your ass to the hall" is coming. I heard a comment from one of the prominent elders in my parts that covid is here to stay so let's get back to the hall.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Rona has caused an obsession with the sheeple that have allowed the fear mongers to control them with panic about what is now just a bad cold.

Who cares, as long as meetings are missed, all is good.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known
    Pandora's Box was opened when the Watchtower went along with the lockdown procedures. They probably didn't have much of a choice, but that doesn't change a thing. Once the Watchtower made it alright not to attend meetings in person and not participate in a public ministry the door was opened.
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I wonder how long it will be before field circus, door to door, is reinstated. And, along with it, mandatory vaccinations (and being up to date with your boosters) and masks to be worn at all times while in field circus. Then grand boasting sessions, then Israel missions, then longer missions that waste your whole life spreading the far worse pandemic through Africa or Latin America.

And never mind this wimpy disease. I am far more worried about spreading the worst disease through this planet--Christi-SCAM-ity. Let them give the green light to start hounding, and it doesn't stop. First, it's attending in-person boasting sessions (vaccines are mandatory, and masks must be worn at all times during such sessions). Then it is pious-sneering. Next, it is more missionary work--those two week Israel missions, followed by a lifetime in Africa.

Now might be a good time to prepare to learn French. You will need it in Africa.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    believe the mandate "you get your ass to the hall" is coming. I heard a comment from one of the prominent elders in my parts that covid is here to stay so let's get back to the hall.

It will go from:

"We are such a loving organisation that we're all meeting on Zoom to keep everybody safe"

TO....

"If you selfishly put your fleshly health before Jeeehovah and Kingdom Interests by attending on zoom, don't expect Jeeehovah to conceal you in the Great Day of his Anger!!!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

This is something I was discussing with my father. About the way the GB handled the covid situation. There was a JW funeral in my local area in which it was done over zoom. I remember complaining about this at the time, as the government had allowed gatherings up to 100 people. Covid, until recently, had been well Managed. I couldn’t figure out why the GB were applying the measures taken in America to the country I live in. The answer I was given was that because the GB care so much about it’s people they aren’t taking no risks, even though I pointed out the risk was minimal.

As I was saying to my father. It seems ironic that a family had to see their loved one off via a computer screen, when there was relatively low risk of Covid. Yet if that same person had died in the last week or two. It wouldn’t be a problem, when there are now 10s of 1000s of infection rates. Where’s the care in that. The reply I was given was that the government said it was now ok. Why do I waste my breath!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit