price for truth

by peacefulpete 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

What would you be willing to pay for the answers to all your questions about life, death, religion, etc.? And please noone say the clich`e , "Noone really knows what is true". This is a philosophical question. Would you pay 1/2 of all your wages for the rest of your life? 10 years off your lifespan? Give up your family? Go without TV for a year? Are you afraid of these answers and would prefer to not know......

• Carmel
    Carmel

Me thinks knowing all that would be too much. Kind of like living forever in a paradise earth! Boring! Leave me with a few mysteries to persue!

caveman

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Then is ignorrance the spice of life? Would life become unlivable if we could focus upon peaceful living rather than debating? Would the knowledge become too isolating? Someone else out there must be pondering these things.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Cocky sounding... but true.

I found the answers thru Jesus...........and it was free!! For real

• Francois
    Francois

Don't wanna know. I want my life to open up like a flower for me every day.

francois

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I suspect that there is nothing beyond.Its my opinion that the universe is working up towards improvement, not that existance is downgrading due to any simplistic war between good and evil entities. In other words I dont believe things are being directed by a conscious entity. Imagine if that were a proven fact. What would everyone believe in then? Theyd have to create their own destiny. The members of the GB would have to get jobs as cleaners and window washers.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Interesting question, though a bit odd.

What would I fork? Hmmmm, not sure, but probably enough to make me have to apply for low-interest financing to get those answers.

• gumby
    gumby

Would you pay 1/2 of all your wages for the rest of your life? 10 years off your lifespan? Give up your family? Go without TV for a year? Are you afraid of these answers and would prefer to not know......

I would pick the no TV for one year. I can come here for a year for the TV time lost

10 years off my life would be OK because if I knew the answer to life.....I might be able to add some to it. If not.....I could deal with losing 10 years to know. I want to know how we got here.

My life is too troubled NOT knowing. Some here say "get on with it and quit worrying and enjoy life now." Not all can do that as we all feel different.

If before I die....we find life on other planets...........that would at least suffice for me.

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't mind for truth to slowly unfold in my life. Pay for truth? I think not. I naturally pay for all truths i find anyway. Nothing comes free.

SS

• gumby
    gumby
    I naturally pay for all truths i find anyway. Nothing comes free.

Hey SS,

I'll bet when you found out it felt good to play with your dinger when you were little......it didn't cost you anything

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit