Back to the Meetings------Back to Covid.

by pistolpete 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• carla
    carla

blah, yep, back to meetings in full attire

Does this mean back to fs too? even with gas prices as they are? knocking on doors while people are still wary of covid? I have seen conflicting reports on fs, anybody know for sure?

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

In person meetings only. No FS, no committee meetings or elder meetings at hall from what I hear.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They ought to keep those abominations closed down forever, and not just because The Wimpiest Disease on the Planet is still around. Coronavirus is quite wimpy, but the worse disease is Christi-SCAM-ity. And the jokehovian strain of that virus is especially dangerous. You get it, your soul will suffer and eventually die.

Not to mention, if those buildings are kept locked down forever, there is no way inactive members can be forced back to boasting sessions. And no more field circus. No more Israel missions. No more having to worry about being set up to do missionary work in third world countries in Africa or Latin America. Those who wish to continue attending boasting sessions can do so online, while those who do not simply can refuse to sign in. Once those abominations are opened back up, we get hounding calls--right back to boasting sessions (and sometimes worse than before this coronavirus), right back to forced field circus, right back to annual Israel missions, right back to being recruited to do Africa or Latin America missions that can waste your whole life, right back to having everything you do censored.

With those abominations reopening, coronavirus is the least of your worries. Better, if you are inactive and you think they will go after you (and remember, Christmas decorations and Ouija boards do no good if they end up in the Dumpster), to get those books on Spanish and/or French. (And German.)

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

it's already happening...

News

The hall I grew up in... Already cancelled for the next few weeks due to a COVID outbreak. They could barely get through 1 week. Lol I'm so glad I'm not making this up. This is just too good to be true. As PIMO I wish it was my current hall but oh well.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/tyqmxe/its_already_happening/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PISTOLPETE:

Wow, if this is true, that’s too bad..For the religion that is!

I am sure they are hoping this getting back to meetings would be a success. Then they can determine what the actual loss of rank & file members over the past two years is…And I am not referring to Witnesses who died from Covid, but those who actually Don’t want to come back to the religion.

I think they want to desperately know what the Real number of remaining R&F are. (Glad it’s not me anymore!)🙏🏻

People can ‘fake it’ on Zoom. Although I do realize some ‘believers’ like Zoom and don’t want to go to the physical meetings. I think this poses a problem for the religion because they can never really be sure…I think to them the real test is showing up in person.

It’s going to be interesting to see how this all works out.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In U.K. I have heard of a local congregation cancelling meetings due to Covid outbreaks.

Some large firms and an airline have reported staff shortages due to Covid

in Britain we have over 20,000 in hospital with it , deaths attributed to Covid rose 20% to 1300...

It is certainly not over and I don’t want to be one of the ones in hospital with it so at home we stick to zoom.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

I hear of many covid cases, usually people that got the vaxx, because their immune system is weakened.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Wait till after next week, when thousands of KHs (and rented facilities) have been stuffed beyond legal capacity for the Memorial, due to the GB's "earnest desire" to have everyone meet in person.

Imagine 200 people in a building designed for 150, rubbing their noses then touching the plates & wine glasses.

It'll be a petri dish of infection.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

It looks like the Memorial

Will actually turn out to be an actual

MEMORIAL

for a lot of elderly jws

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sounds more like the sheeple don't want to go back to Meetings(tm). It's better at home without having to associate with judgemental bullies and mental cases. The Dunning Kruger gatherings.

Covid has now become an ott obsession and an excuse.

Hurrah for no meetings(tm).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit