Omaha area - suicide?

by asleif_dufansdottir 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I don't know if it's OK to post names on this board, but I've been trying to find out about this for some months and can't (I don't have any 'connections' who are still in).

I heard a very well-known Sister (beautiful, wealthy, pioneer, good-looking husband, parts on assemblies) from my old circuit committed suicide some time back.

Anybody know anything about it? I always admired and, honestly, really envied her, although I didn't know her personally. I'm very curious.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

asleif_dufansdottir-

I just tried to send a privage message in response to this thread, but it doesn't show up as "sent" in my inbox...

Did you get it?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

A message showed up, but I think there must have been some error...it was blank. Try again?

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

I don't know what the deal is, my messages don't appear to be getting through...

I hate to name names on here, I wouldn't want anyone to get in trouble. Were her initials LT?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

YES! Hubby ran a construction business. $$$$

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

It was very sad. She seemed to have everything, but had a very long history of mental problems resulting from a horrendous past. Her death, though not necessarily unpredictable, was still unexpected to those who were closest to her. She pulled the car into the garage, shut the door, and died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Tragic.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

How awful. When I heard, the first thing I wondered was if she had been df'd or da'd or something.

Only seeing the "perfect" outer image the society wants us to see of those they use as an example, of course, I only knew the 'enviable' part. She seemed really shy (only really comfortable with one particular sister I always saw her with, I figured she was a pioneer partner). Something about her always made me really like her from a distance. She was so beautiful, and seemed to be everything I'm not. I wanted to 'be' her when I was trying to be a good JW. And D.T., of course, was so handsome in a way few men in this area are!!

What little gossip I heard about her involved the fact that her dad never became a JW, and it was the heartbreak of her life, because she loved him so much.

It's so strange, I don't think I ever even talked to her, and I've been out for, like 10 years, but something about her always made her stand out in my memory.She seemed to be the type of person that, everybody who knew her, cherished and protected (another thing I'm not (sigh)).

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Asleif - Stop putting yourself down !!! clearly from what has happened to her she was not happy. I bet you are more loved and cherished than you actually think.

Take that as a kick up the butt and remember what YOU have to offer and how important YOU are in others lives and dont be too harsh on yourself.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

(Asleif shuffles feet, looks at the ground, and blushes) awww, thanks. That was really nice to hear.

I bet you are more loved and cherished than you actually think.

Oh, I know my family and friends (and husband) love me, but I've always been told, "You're strong (or tough, or whatever). You can take care of yourself. You can handle it."

Well, I don't always want to have to take care of myself and handle everything. Sometimes I'm just tired. Sometimes it would nice to be pampered and waited on. To have people worry about me, and protect me, and look after me. To be the petite, delicate person. Just once in a while, for a time. Instead of the one who can shoulder the load and fight the battles all by herself all the time. Sometimes I get tired of being the "Big Mama" type who can kick a$$ and take names (note: I normally enjoy kicking a$$ and taking names in a good cause).

I wouldn't want to be the "delicate flower" all the time, but it would be nice to be able to take a break and be taken care of!!

I also though it would be really nice to have the financial resources she had, instead of constantly having to worry about everything.

Jeez, I guess this was more of an issue for me than I realized.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

To the person who sent me the private note: I did get it, but I get an error message when I try to reply.

I promise I'm not a Scary WT Spy (tm)

My "real" name is Elizabeth Metzger and I live in Omaha. I don't have any family or friends (although I have fond thoughts & memories of some) still "in the truth". Nothing to lose by people knowing who I am. Maybe a little embarrassed by kinda "baring my soul" in a couple of posts, but, what the heck.

Not (to my knowledge) DF'd...never felt like I had to play by their rules enough to officially DA.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit