Planning Your Exit

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OLD NAVY:

I like your story. You had the perfect situation where you were able to pass into obscurity and live your life.👍🏻

Then, at a later date, you accepted contact with the JWs and kept quiet about your previous association. You did this to satisfy your curiosity. Once you realized they "didn't have it", you walked away for good.

Whether or not you had any mental anguish over this, I'm glad you got away with little or no damage - especially financial/career damage.👍🏻 Lots of older Witnesses are in a bad situation there.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I had no plan, I simply left one night, looking back at the Kingdom Hall and thinking " I will never enter that place again." I felt as though I was looking back down a tunnel at my whole life, with no knowledge of what my future would be.

I had found this Site by then, and sought advice from the lovely people here. I decided then that I wished to "Fade" rather than DA.

I almost ruined my Fade twice, and had to deal with the same two Elders on both occasions, but again with help from here and similar Sites I was able to fend them off, and I am still just someone who Faded away, not DF or DA.

I was never even nearly truly happy as a JW, yes we had fun times with JW friends, most were lovely people, until the Cult part of their personality kicked in. But being a JW resulted in my sinking in to Suicidal Depression. A great Therapist saved me, after I had left the Cult, the best advice she gave me was to move away from where I live, Disassociate myself form the Cult officially, and push the old life as far back as I could.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Long Hair Gal:

Whether or not you had any mental anguish over this, I'm glad you got away with little or no damage - especially financial/career damage.👍🏻 Lots of older Witnesses are in a bad situation there.

Aye, it is very sad indeed to read the horror stories of those who've been made to suffer first the deeply implanted mind control indoctrination and second the hateful actions of the WTBorg Cult Inc. to punish them for awakening to TTATT. My education into the wickedness of The Cult really began with the bounteous info available on the Web and the several "apostate" sites such as this forum.

All things considered, it really seems that the True Mission of the WTBorg Cult Inc. is to function as an anti-Christ; to destroy believers' faith in the Really Good News by teaching/preaching an exclusive version of Fake Good News with core components of Fear and Hate. Thank God for the World Wide Web and all that it is making available freely to all who seek Truth! I truly appreciate all of the very illuminating You Tube videos that many XJws are creating to spread TTATT.

I have the utmost respect and empathy for those who've suffered horribly in the process of making their exit from The Cult.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OLD NAVY:

I can see your point in believing the JW religion destroys people's faith in the Really Good News. My experience with the JWs has totally turned me off to belonging to any religion ever again. I'm done with it all.

I believe you can be a spiritual person without belonging to a religion.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Long Hair Gal:

I believe you can be a spiritual person without belonging to a religion.

That is the Really Good News!!

Membership is not required.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

The weird thing is that even now, so many years later, I still get a buzz from having the evenings to ourselves and the weekends free to do as we like.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I didn't plan anything. The whole jobo dream exploded into nothing after the 2010 'overlapping generations(tm)' stupid teaching.

I was thrown into utter turmoil of which the dust is still yet to settle properly.

What a nutty and dangerous cult!

EDIT TO ADD: I am now a reluctant atheist because I was conned so brutally by the WBT$ about invisible magicians in the sky that I refuse to get fooled again. I need real evidence this time and I don't think there is any available.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit