How Many Here Changed Their Personality After Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm bad now (i think).

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Min, I'm still H.U.M.A.N.....(head up my ass now).....but at least I now know there isn't any light in that tunnel

Frannie B

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Hell no. Basically I'm still a fun loving person at heart as I was as a Witness, but now a days I'm quicker to temper explosions, untactful speech, cynisicm, hatred, just the good old stuff.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

After having a long conference with my personalities, they all were in agreement that there has been change. We no longer have my head stuck up my Butt, and am much more a fun person, and don't take things as seriously as before.

Cybill Ohiocowboy

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    I would argue that it is difficult to change personality

Bingo! I think you can change your habits & behaviors ... I think you can gain a better understanding of your core personality & learn how to use it to your advantage instead of fighting against it & making yourself miserable ... but I don't think we can change our personalities.

Popeye was right: I yam whut I yam. No wonder I didn't wanna remain a Witness.

• Lehaa
    Lehaa

My basic personality has not changed, but i don't carry around that huge burdon of guilt I've had my whole life. I also feel a lot more free and i think i've actually become my true personality.

I just spoke to a friend of mine who still is a JW and she rekons i look better now than i ever have. A lot of people have said the same. So i think the truth was detrimental to my health. I am a much healthier person now.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

A few of you have mentioned that you can't easily change a personality - which I agree with. I'm still pretty much the same person I was as a dub...

....however....

everything is more relaxed, more natural now. I no longer feel stifled, or have to control my humour, taste, opinions or language any more (except when I'm visiting my mom! )

I don't think essentially I'd have liked to change my personality.....I happen to like me - those that don't, well who gives a shit about them anyway?

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit