How Many Here Changed Their Personality After Leaving The Witnesses?

by minimus 26 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Are you still the same basic person that you were when you were a Witness. If you were idealstic, then, are you still now? If you were a pessimist, are you an optimist, now? If you were known as a complainer, then, are you still a complainer, today?

• Latte
    Latte

I am trying and succeeding more often than not to be more optimistic..........feels much better than the borg. mentality!

• Latte
    Latte

minimus...please tell....are u writing a book??

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

As Popeye would say, I am what I am.

Guest 77

• JH
    JH

I spent only a small fraction of my life as an active dub, so in my case, I'm back to the nice person I was before being a dub.

I'm no longer a robot.

The "truth" never did change me radically. I would win a lottery and I would still be myself, simple and humble. Being very stable in character, I didn't have to change my personality very much. Before being a dub, during, and after, I am quite the same.

• Latte
    Latte

My father was a lovely, honest man before he was touched by the troof.....it only took him away from his family, and burdened him down even more. Sorry.... but it did.

• minimus
    minimus

But did your Dad actually become a dishonest man or merely believe in a lie???

• elumn8
    elumn8

minimus

It gives you the freedom of mind. and not have your mind controlled by what other elders think but rather the freedom to have your heart tell you, your concious tell you that when things don't seem right

WHEN WITNESSES ARE DRYING OUT OF HOLY SPIRIT

You can leave and find that Jehovah will find you and be your shepard rather than Bad ones controling your actions.

• Latte
    Latte

My father believed a lie, and also slaved for that lie. He had very little to change to become witless.

Believe me he really didn't have a lot of time or energy for it, yet he took on the 'privileges' that were offered him.

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

my personality has'nt changed but my behaviors have changed and continue working on changes.

OCW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit