My old congregation Auckland New Zealand

by karter 20 Replies latest jw friends

• karter
    karter

In 1991 we build a 250 seat hall and had 125 publishers so about 175 in attendance and filing fast.

just spoke to someone from my old congregation they now have 50 to 60 publishers and 100 in attendance on a good day.

Very few pioneers.

Seems this is happening everywhere.

Karter.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Seems this is happening everywhere.

This trend of low attendance at meetings has been taking place for a number of years and we see the effects/results of it with the selloff of Kingdom Halls from the east coast to the west coast in the U.S and all over Europe. It won't get better for WT...only worse!

Yay!

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It truly warms my heart when I hear reports like this.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I don't think its happening everywhere as some countries not long ago allowed JW. I think it is happening in the countries where ministry is allowed for the last 30 years. I think when 30 years passes by local residents start to understand what its all about and dont show interest no longer

• zeb
    zeb

Attendance going down? From what im seeing here means "for Sale " signs will be going ..up.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It’s happening everywhere. We need to reverse shunning policy to promote revival.

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

Well, in Victoria Australia the eldubs and miniscule servitudes have been advised to be ready for the consolidation of congs and sale of halls. This was at their last indoctrination 'school'

jtg

p.s. mmmmm undedication ceremonies !? I love it

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm pleased to hear it and hope it's one my family is associated with.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I bet you would never have predicted that Karter!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

SBF I think if t they reversed the shunning policy and completely dropped the the blood ban it would give a little increase and they'd be back to the norm in a couple of years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit