sinning against the Holy Spirit question

by enoughisenough 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

I once asked a dyed-in-the-wool JW couple, "If I went out into my street with a hammer and killed two men with it, would I be charged and found guilty of murder by a courtroom judge & jury?"

Them: Yes."

Me: "But what if the two men were terrorists with swords, trying to decapitate my neighbour?"

Them: Ah, yes........it would depend on........

Me: Yes - it would depend on my motives! In other words, when any person claiming to be a Christian is eventually judged, their judgment will be based not on what they did, said, or thought, but purely on their motives.

I concluded with, "Thank goodness my judgment won't be done by men!"

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think there is only one example of such in the Bible, isn't there? When the Pharisees accused Jesus of exorcising demons using the power of the devil. The reader is to assume that the priests knew that Jesus was using the holy spirit, and said it was demonic power because they wanted to reject Jesus as the messiah. This insult was, Jesus explained, unforgivable.

What would make any other sin fall into this category? And how would one demonstrate this?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sin against this foul and odious spirit is actually renouncing that abomination and not deliberate sin. And they do it so people will continually be bound to that abomination of a spirit they call "holy".

Which it is anything but holy. You want to help enslave the whole world? This "holy(??)" spirit is your helper in that project.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

WTWizard... scary ground!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit