sinning against the Holy Spirit question

by enoughisenough 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Let's assume that the Bible is God's word and the men who wrote it were borne along ( inspired ) by Holy Spirit. If one sets out to deliberately malign the Bible, would that be considered a sin against the Holy Spirit?

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
  • EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

No, not necessarily. It depends on whether or not they are convinced the Bible is inspired.

Most people who malign the Bible don't think it's inspired by holy spirit. A lot of them don't even think God exists.

If they don't even believe in holy spirit, then they aren't purposely sinning against the holy spirit.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Who knows since God is the final merciful judge but it is a reason to fear that God won’t forgive something we say.

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

"If anyone catches sight of his brother committing a sin that does not incur death, he will ask, and God will give life to him, yes, to those not committing sin that incurs death. There is a sin that does incur death. It is concerning that sin that I do not tell him to make request." (1 John 5:16)

Jesus wasn't upset at people for getting stumbled because of the hypocrisy of religious leaders. He was mad at the ones causing the stumbling. The ransom is enough to make amends for those ones who are stumbled.

"...not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction..." (John 17:12)

Judas Iscariot knew without a doubt who Jesus was and knew without a doubt that Jesus' miracles were done by means of the power of holy spirit from God. When Judas sinned against the holy spirit, it wasn't because of a lack of faith in God or a lack of understanding or momentary fleshly weakness or because of being stumbled by some hypocritical leaders or deceived by some false teaching.

"For this reason I say to you, every sort of sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the spirit will not be forgiven. For example, whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the holy spirit, it will not be forgiven him, no, not in this system of things nor in that to come." (Matthew 12:31,32)

There are some people at Bethel who are just doing dumb things (like covering up abuse or encouraging disfellowshipping or teaching falsehoods) because they are deceived or weak or stupid. But there are others at Bethel who are knowingly and purposely betraying God and Christ and misusing their authority in order to hurt others for selfish gain, just like Judas. They are among the ones John was talking about at 1 John 5:16 who have committed the "unforgivable sin". Elsewhere in the scriptures they are called "lawless ones" because they knowingly and willingly go against the law of the Christ, the law of love. Paul made clear that such lawless ones will be "brought to nothing" when Jesus gets here...

"...the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness." (2 Thessalonians 2:8-12)

The GB and their worshippers are completely asleep as to what is about to happen to the Bethels by Christ's permission. The Watch Tower will fall completely, and it will be quick.

• cofty
    cofty
    If one sets out to deliberately malign the Bible, would that be considered a sin against the Holy Spirit?

Considered by who?

• EasyPrompt
    EasyPrompt

enoughisenough: "If one sets out to deliberately malign the Bible, would that be considered a sin against the Holy Spirit?"

Cofty: "Considered by who?"

See! Case in point - it appears that Cofty is not guilty of sinning against the holy spirit.😄

On the other hand, the GB who claim to believe in the God of the Bible and yet teach shunning and cover up abuse and beg for coconuts seem to be more likely candidates for that sinning-against-the-spirit thing. (But we don't have that judging assignment, thank God...He can take down towers quicker anyway...😆)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Anyone who comes to Jesus for forgiveness has not sinned against the Holy Spirit ... whether he feels he may have or not.

Here is a Psalm for those afraid that they may have sinned beyond the grace of Christ.

https://youtu.be/BFe4r3qe1x0

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Vanderhoven7...the psalm you posted is beautiful.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes...it's from the penitents Psalm

Psalm 51:

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

11 Cast me not away from thy presence O Lord; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit