Damon Wayans was apparently at 2017 Annual Meeting

by Richard_I 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

From this post on reddit.com/r/exjw, Damon Wayans was at the 2017 Annual Meeting.

The Wayans were raised as JW's but I don't think any of them stated.

Strange to see him here. This is the same man who defended Bill Cosby from all the sex abuse allegations.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

The only active member of the Wayons clan that I recall, was the sister, who was also on "In Living Color" with her brothers. After the show, she married an Elder and left entertainment.

Hard to believe Damon would actually be involved with this crap. Honestly? I think it's just a guy that really LOOKS like Damon Wayons.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Stupid follows stupid

I used to know some people who were associated with the JWS in some way or another just show up at a meeting once in awhile as a means to redeem themselves over some guilty thing they did.

.......there all clean and righteous once again. ..... sweet Jesus

• John Davis
    John Davis

I used to see him at assemblies all the time actually pretty recently.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

That explains the Wayans' stupid inappropriate offensive jokes.

• steve2
    steve2

Nice to know JWs are as enticed by selfies with "celebrities" as anyone else.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Did they draw straws amongst celebrities to see who's gonna identify with which religion or something?

I feel sorry for the ones who drew JWs and Scientology poor bastards, it's much easier and cooler to be Catholic these days. Everyone wants tickets when the Pope comes to town the GB ahhh not so much.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Unless he is doing intense research for an upcoming comedy?

Hahaha!

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

I think he was baptized at one point, so maybe he is coming back

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember more than ten years ago when he was on Howard Stern's show he said that while he was on SNL and it's been quite a while since then, he would still go in field service and people would recognize him. He must be on of those confused born-ins, I know a few of them who weren't even born in, they do everything under the sun, yet for some reason they still think that JW is the real truth.

Someone in the Cong I used to attend is one of those that got baptized, dated a brother yet these two did everything married couples do and more but they didn't run to the elders to report it, for a good while they stopped attending meetings, then something mysterious draws them back, yet when I talk to her she sounds just as far away from the Dubs as I am,( not to mention her two failed marriages to non JWs) on her FB page under occupation she has Publisher of Jehovah's Witnesses . . .I don't get it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit