Atheism = self defeating.

by towerwatchman 315 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

A logically consistent system of thought must embrace some level of doubt (thank you Herr Gödel) as necessary.

But you're demanding proof beyond all doubt.

Don't you see any problem with this statement?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Another hideously long thread full of useless mumbo jumbo, name dropping and labels.

Good gravy, this is tedious reading.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Good gravy, this is tedious reading.

Idk why you are here punk. Because we are trying to discuss meaning here. We believe in meaning.

A true nihilist would be drinking booze in some backstreet just waiting in torpor for oblivion.

To a nihilist even atheism is meaningless.

Why worry? Why wait? Why expect some meaning from anything?

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

towerwatchman

I guess you are the one who believes in an all powerful god who created everyone then didn't bother to give one ounce of irrefutable proof of his existence.

I believe the ball is in the court of the god believers to prove his existence, just as it would be up to me to prove in my undying belief in leprechauns

• kpop
    kpop
    I'm a pink unicorn. Prove me wrong.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    because we have seen that an infinite series of causes is impossible.

No you have not seen that. But i guess you'll just make up $hit as go, to try to support your idiotic position.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JM - Idk why you are here punk. Because we are trying to discuss meaning here.

This is a public forum. I can go where I want. I don't need permission or a reason.

AND - I can make whatever comments I chose within forum guidelines.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

This is a public forum. I can go where I want. I don't need permission or a reason. AND - I can make whatever comments I chose within forum guidelines.

I was just trying to understand you. That's why I said "I (JM) don't know".

Anyway oblivion is meaningless so there's nothing to do beyond accelerate the inevitable and eternal oblivion.

To a nihilist existence is nothing but pain. That's why true nihilist are always drunk and trying to kill themselves.

Beyond that any opinion from a nihilist is literally nothing.

Theism, atheism, agnosticism, whateverism... All meaningless.

Just oblivion "matters".

Existence is only meaningless pain.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann
    No you have not seen that. But i guess you'll just make up $hit as go, to try to support your idiotic position.

Actually infinite regress is indeed logically impossible. Proved by several thought experiments.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JM - Existence is only meaningless pain.

Yes. This is what I see. There is no real meaning in existing. I don't want to die and be unconscious forever. I don't want to go off into oblivion. however, this is the harsh reality I see. Life is futile. It pains me, it frightens me, it makes all I do feel hopeless and meaningless - but it's inescapable reality.

But I don't want to be given the label of nihilist, atheist or grumpy old git - but hey ho. If asked, I identify in part with all these labels................................especially grumpy. I'm so so grumpy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit