Watchtower properties for sale website

by NewYork44M 48 Replies latest jw friends

• betterdaze
    betterdaze
    Brooklyn Daily Eagle, December 3, 2015 - 8:51pm:

“The site spans an entire city block in the dynamic DUMBO neighborhood and has nearly 1 million square feet of development rights,” Richard Devine, a Jehovah's Witnesses spokesman, said in a statement. It's near the foot of the Manhattan Bridge.

Now used as a parking lot, the 135,000-square-foot Jay Street site also has frontage on York, Front and Bridge streets. Real estate sources told the Brooklyn Eagle two years ago that developers who had approached the Witnesses at that time were willing to fork over $400 per buildable square foot — nearly $400 million.

A competitive offering process has also started for 124 Columbia Heights, a ten-story, 152,000-square-foot residential building that overlooks Brooklyn Heights' beloved Promenade.

Devine called it “a remarkable building with spectacular views of the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty and the impressive Lower Manhattan skyline.”

The Witnesses, who expect to complete their Warwick headquarters construction in 2017, still own another dozen Brooklyn Heights properties they have not yet brought to market.

More at link: Breaking news: Jehovah's Witnesses put Brooklyn Heights headquarters up for sale
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    I know this has been said time and again, but it merits repeating. Where has all the money gone? And if the WTBTS has another dozen properties yet to sell off, then alarms are going off in my head that something really isn't right here. Something must have really fell apart in the few months financially. You know how it is when you get this nagging feeling when something just isn't right. I'm no financial guy, but something is really a miss, and many a post has said it before. And you can bet your bottom dollar that WT will do everything in its power to cover over any kind of trouble it can. But sooner or later the trouble will catch up to you if you run out of money.
  • cognac
    cognac

Why aren't more of their Brooklyn properties up for sale? Are the other properties in use and they can't sell them?

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is there anyway to get this site on twitter , u-tube , F.B , or whatever , just to give it the widest exposure to it we can ?

Why do they want to sell these properties with the potential value of millions of dollars with these sales now ,when Armageddon is so imminent , any day now ,and just around the corner ..Money is of no use in the new system after this world is destroyed , so what is the preoccupation with gaining all this money now ?

And above all , who handles this money ? Is there a paper trail to follow as to what happens all to the monies that goes through the W.T. organization ? Where does it end up ? and who is accountable ? for all these transactions ?

These are just some of the questions that need to be asked

smiddy

• mana11
    mana11

I think they have done this so that the sale amount is hidden from public view. They dont want people to know the $ amount paid. Using in house stops this.

But of course they didn't think about their balloon having holes and the information running out

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I don't see 25-30 Columbia Heights, yet.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articles/2015/12/3/breaking-news-jehovahs-witnesses-put-brooklyn-heights-headquarters-sale

Per this article, the sale was announced last night.

The Watchtower Real Estate Office is offering iconic 25-30 Columbia Heights for sale, according to an announcement made Thursday night by the Jehovah's Witnesses' Office of Public Information.
  • wifibandit
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Seems like everyone is moving to Jonestown compounds.
  • sir82
    sir82

I dunno, I almost feel....nostalgic about the WT Brooklyn properties.

There was something almost cool about WT being in Brooklyn for 100+ years, as it changed & gentrified over the years. The WT buildings were kind of iconic.They were uniquely ours.

Now they're going to sell them, and move into a typical bland rural corporate HQ complex in the middle of nowhere.

Maybe it's just me, projecting my disillusion over what the WT could have been, and what it turned into, onto their physical property.

Anybody else thinking like me? Or am I just being a putz?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit