Is it really so...????????????????????/

by petespal2002 6 Replies latest jw friends

• petespal2002
    petespal2002

At the book study conversation turned to the importance of numbers and their symbolic use in Bible texts. The elder leading the study stated that he believed the number 7 was of such vital importance, that when the great crowd number 7,000,000 and the remnant 7000 the end will come. Any thoughts?

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm very surprised that he'd make a statement like that.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Not MORE new light, surely!

• Gopher
    Gopher

Does this conductor have an IQ of about 7??????

The Hebrew law in the Bible explicitly states "you shall not look for omens. Anyone looking for omens is to be put to death." Yet the JW's look for meanings and signs in the littlest or the craziest events.

Other evidence against this: The book of Revelation says that the great crowd would not be numbered, in contrast to the Israelite class who is set at 144,000. So if the great crowd is not numbered, how can a number (like 7 million) be of any significance?

Also as I recall, the number 7 has to do with perfection of HEAVENLY things, whereas the number 10 is a perfect number for earthly things. So for earthly things like survivors of Armageddon and number anointed at the time, 10 would be more logical than 7 to be the key number. So maybe he should say it is when we get 10 million publishers and 1000 (10 to the third degree) remaining of the Memorial partakers that Jehovah's day of wrath would finally come.

• SYN
    SYN

That's quite a relief. Since the number of the annointed keeps increasing (loath as the GB are to tell us this), that means Armageddon has been permanently postponed! Good stuff!

• foreword
    foreword

LOL

Man some people will never learn. I'm sure the bros. were pretty impressed with that brain fart!!!!

Must've taken years of study to arrive at such depths of understanding bible prophesies. Blessed are those who attend his group study.

Paul did say that some will have the gift of prophesy, surely this guy has it, no doubt about it.

I can just see them now, taking out yearly reports, calculators and spreadsheets. We'll have a new date soon, very soon....or at least a tentative date....

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Someone seems to have put his own interpretation into things generaly only allowed by the faithfull and discreet slave class. YES THIS BROTHER IS DOING HIS OWN THING ,WE NEED TO APPLAUDE HIM, As the next thing is he will be joining us on this board as in him being disfellowshiped for treason .(but whats new )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit