A question to ask U.K. J.W.'s

by The Searcher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Has the moors murderer Ian Brady's own death absolved him of his sins?"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-39929538

Then tell them to explain the J.W. perversion of Romans 6:7 to all the victims' relatives.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Yes, according to Watchtower doctrine this serial child torturer, rapist and murder who recorded the screams of a dying little girl and photographed her for his own gratification will get a resurrection.

You and i however, will not.

• waton
    waton

"...explain the J.W. perversion of Romans 6:7 ..."

TS: please do.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Watchtower May 15th 1982, pp. 8,9 - "The Bible explains that at death a person is set free or released from any sins he committed."

The surrounding verses - 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 & 11 comprehensively prove that the context is figurative:

2 Certainly not! Seeing that we died with reference to sin, how can we keep living any longer in it?

4 So we were buried with him through our baptism into his death, in order that just as Christ was raised up from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we also should walk in a newness of life.

6 For we know that our old personality was nailed to the stake along with him in order for our sinful body to be made powerless, so that we should no longer go on being slaves to sin.

8 Moreover, if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him.

10 For the death that he died, he died with reference to sin...

11 Likewise you, consider yourselves to be dead with reference to sin.....

Paul was addressing people who were alive but had figuratively died to their former sinful ways. The apostle Peter stated likewise: 1 Peter 2:24 - "He himself bore our sins in his own body on the stake, so that we might die to sins and live to righteousness...."

Claiming that a person's own death wipes out their sins perverts the doctrine of Christ's ransom.

• waton
    waton

Searcher, I do not believe we die because of sin bsw. But for the sake of playing by the book (bible). If the wages (or price) of sin is death, once I pay it, (and that is a serious price), do I have to pay again? like 1000 years of slave labour (special pioneering) on and on?

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe the context of Romans 6 has the Apostle Paul contrasting the outcome of serving two Masters - God and Sin.

Serve God, life.

Serve Sin, death.

When we die, we are freed from SINNING, not sin itself, else why did those whom Jesus and others resurrected still have to die eventually?

• waton
    waton
    why did those whom Jesus and others resurrected still have to die eventually?

Sb: they probably sinned again, Eutychus probably slept at meetings again, Dorcas knitting, instead of putting in her pioneer house to house hours.

Until we enter the pearly gates and get our hands on the trees of life, we are in peril. it is those pesky swords twirling that killed all the fun.

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!

You are a hot mess, Waton.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ WATON - my point is that the org's "slave" says Romans 6:7 is referring to a person's literal death, when it is blindingly obvious that it is a person's figurative death which is being discussed.

• waton
    waton

@The Searcher, I know you are passionate about this detail, (like I am about my concerns), and there are instances where "death" in the scriptures is interpreted to mean leaving a given condition or circumstance. but

Can you detail how in that Roman passage a figurative death would acquit, or cancel a person's burden of sin, normally leading to death? is the death figurative too? Is the death really the one provided by the ransom? Paul's legalise needs to be explained to me. thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit