(Devils lead 1-0; series matchup)

Anaheim 4 Dallas 3 (5 OT)

(Ducks lead 1-0); series matchup)

Friday's games

• Philadelphia at Ottawa, 7 p.m.

(series matchup)

• Minnesota at Vancouver, 10:30 p.m.

(series matchup)

The Dallas Knight: "Come back here you overachieving Mighty Duck of Anaheim! 'Tis only a scratch!"

Sir Mighty Duck: "Why it was 5 OT's...you silly bastard!"

• Gopher
    Gopher

Five overtimes? Five overtimes? You've got to be kidding me!!

Will the Dallas Stars be able to overcome this heartbreaking loss? Sometimes a disappointment like this can lead to a blowout loss in the next game or two.

And what is it with these Anaheim teams? First we get the Angels last year, with this improbable playoff run and World Series victory, because they had the offense nobody could stop last year!!

Now is it the Anaheim Mighty Ducks that is the next "team of destiny"? Will they really come out of the Western Conference?

Walt Disney have mercy.

• Seven
    Seven

Goph,

5 OT's!!!! OMG! The Stars have to be talking to themselves after what was undoubtedly a sleepless night!

It seems as if Giguere is in an impenetrable zone right now. The puck must look like a tire coming at him. He's seeing absolutely everything. It's a thing of beauty to watch! 40 saves in OT alone. Can't wait until the next one.

Will the Ducks come out of the West? One thing for certain is that they're not playing Mickey Mouse hockey!

alt

• Aztec
    Aztec

I wonder if Giguere would like to play for Detroit? Hmmmm....

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Seven Don't tell me you stayed awake to watch the whole thing !

Unbelievable ! 80 minutes and 48 seconds of overtime. I think after that much hockey, I'd be so friggen tired I'd be tempted just to shoot the puck in my own net.

Friday's games

• Philadelphia at Ottawa, 7 p.m.

If Philadelphia has recovered from playing the second longest playoff series in NHL history, I think they will take the series in 6

• Minnesota at Vancouver, 10:30 p.m.

Vancouver in 5

• Gopher
    Gopher

C'mon, xjw-b12!! Take some vitamin B12!! Vancouver in 5?

(1) The Vancouver - Minnesota season series was a draw, 2 wins apiece with one tie.

(2) The Wild are on a 3-game winning streak against the likes of the best-goaltender ever (Patrick Roy), the league's best playmaker (Peter Forsberg) and a player with a wicked scoring shot to match any in the NHL (Joe Sakic).

Go ahead, underestimate the Minnesota Wild. That's what the rest of the league has done to this point. If they're not careful, another third-year team could reach the Stanley Cup finals (just like the Florida Panthers did a few years back).

• Seven
    Seven

xjw_b12,

I watched all 5hrs and 52 minutes of it!! What a game!! I just couldn't tear myself away. I thought it was all over in the 3rd OT when exPen Stu Barnes and Big Ben struck one off the crossbar. How 'bout Kariya tattooing Turco's shoulder with the potential game winner in the 2nd? Holy Snikes, I felt that one sitting here at home. LOL I went through an entire six pack of Gatorade just watching it. There has to be some hurtin' dehydrated players on both sides.

I agree with your pick of the Flyers over the Senators. The Sens will end up turning it into another one of their annual chokefests.

I have to take the Wild-just because. What an exciting team playing out of their minds! Fun, Fun, Fun!!The Canuckleheads have them beat on paper. But the game's not played on paper. Just ask the Avs.

Hey Aztec,

Look for many new faces on the bench next season in both Detroit and Toronto. Rumors have Jagr coming your way for a bargin basement price and Lindros going to Maple Leaf land. I don't want to necessarily blame the Wings early exit solely on Cujo. My gawd, with all that fire power the Wings had they should have shredded the nets. :( Teemu is also available to the highest bidder. Going to be an interesting off season.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I wonder if Giguere would like to play for Detroit?

I spoke with him about this, and he said "it's too damn cold to live up there... I just thank god for ice making equipment, or I'd be stuck playing soccer".

I recently found out that a kid I knew from the hall years ago (whose family got out while he was still quite young), is often called to go on the road with the Stars as a massage therapist.

You'd think Seven got all the testoterone in the family

• Seven
    Seven

Sixo'Nine,

Me thinks the Stars will need a good massagin' at home too after last night.

Shame on you for six months for that testoterone comment. I am one of those girly girls who happens to live for her favorite sport. Believe it or Barbie will come down there and slam your keister into the plexiglass a few times.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I love it. A feud amongst the nines.

Gopher. Yeah mixed feelings about the Wild. Not that I'm rooting for the Canucks, I just think they're going to take it. I'm an old North Stars fan from way back. Probably due to the fact, that it was one of the closest teams to home here, and our U.S. Network feeds for cable TV were from Duluth, so I was raised on Stars and Vikings, along with the Twins. The Wild could very well be the " Cinderella Team " Too bad that the Ducks and Wild are in the same conference, that would make for a real interesting final, the way both teams are playing.

Seven:

Lindros going to Maple Leaf land

Say it isn't so. When are these bozos going to learn that you have to build on young talent. Now they're considering bringing another " SuperStar " in to save the day. Geesh, why don't we just put Ken Dryden back in goal. That way he could play a dual role like Pat Quinn.

On a side note Re the longest game, there is a group of Paramedics here that is trying to break the record for the longest played hockey game. They hit the 80 + hour mark yesterday, and that would have broke the record, but apparently there is another group in Espanola, outside of Sudbury, who started at the same time, so who know how long it can last !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit