Elders Know of Serial Killer & Told to Keep Quiet

by Sea Breeze 20 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sea Breeze
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

The only thing I find surprising about this is that they would actually put it in writing.

• tiki
    tiki

See no evil...hear no evil...speak no evil...

Wow....so let a killer loose among the congregated throng...despicable creeps.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Sea Breeze do you know what congrgation received this letter? I do know as a elder in FL we were taught we had elder/ publishers privilege. Similar to a priest/lay person privilege. All so called confessions were considered privilege information and could be keep from outside authorities. I have been out of the loop for over 9 years so because of the child abuse issues it may have changed. Your letter is from 28 years ago but as far as I know was enforced up to the time I left. Take care. Still Totally ADD

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The elder publisher privilege goes out the door when the information is shared with outsiders. Like a lawyer defending a criminal telling everyone what they know. At one time dub lawyers had to avoid criminal cases lest they became blood guilty. Same for these elders.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Let me get this straight: this person is known to have committed several murders before his baptism, but he is obviously repentant so is good to go. But, he smoked some weed after his baptism, so he must be questioned and punished accordingly. For smoking weed. But not for the multiple murders he committed in the past. Are you kidding me???

Personally, I think penitent-clergy confidentiality is a crock of crap. Ok, maybe it could pass the sniff test if it only applied to "sins" that did not involve any unwilling participants. Fine. But it should not apply to any type of mandatorily reported crime, especially if it involved violence or sexual abuse against anyone, child or not. No one should be allowed to hide behind religion to avoid the consequences of crimes against others.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The one elder who was interviewed on the program "Witnesses" made mention of murder along with child abuse. What a disgusting religion we were in! I sure wouldn't want to be one of the elders confronting someone like this. You could wind up being his next murder victim. Yikes!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Yes, it was a hideous religion Happy Dad. I seem to learn more evil as time goes on.

Apparently the KH is THE place to be if you are a pedo, murderer or thief.

• Atlantis
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SEA BREEZE:

What a screwed up religion! You never knew what could be sitting in any kingdom hall.

And the religion would have the nerve to tell people to ‘widen out’. Problem is:..what were they widening out to?

Just as well I’m OUT of the JWs because the days of car groups, tolerating weirdos, thinking it’s one big happy family... is ALL a thing of the past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit