The borg - Star Trek

by pharisee 14 Replies latest jw friends

• pharisee
    pharisee

Does anyone remember the first episode that the borg were introduced on Star Trek the Next Generation?

If someone remembers the name of the episode, or the season and episode #, that would be great.

Thanks.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

It was about the 3rd or fourth appearance of Q, IIRC. It probably therefore has "Q" in the title.

Hippikon has the entire set of videos - he'll probably know!

Stephanus,

of the 'even though I was bored while house-sitting for Hippikon, I was never THAT bored!' class. LOL

• Dark Knight
    Dark Knight

Episode was called "Q-Who"

2nd season i think....

Cheers

• avengers
  • hippikon
    hippikon

Q Who?Production 142
    5/8/1989
    Stardate 42761.3

Synopsis:

Picard's nemesis, the powerful, extra-dimensional being named Q, hurls the U.S.S. Enterprise across the galaxy after Picard refuses to let him become a member of the crew.

Immediately upon arriving in this unexplored part of the galaxy, the U.S.S. Enterprise encounters an alien ship. Suddenly, two Borg — part organic and part artificial beings — appear in the Main Engineering room. Unfortunately, the U.S.S. Enterprise's defenses are helpless against the powerful aliens, who begin draining information from ship's computers.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Don't you think the Borg are more realistic in the Voyager series? I do! The costumes are far superior.

Dansk

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Don't you think the Borg are more realistic in the Voyager series? I do! The costumes are far superior.

The costumes may be superior but that's about it. At Wolf 359, the entire Federation fleet was destroyed by one Borg cube. Voyager seemed to be able to deal with three or four of them every week. Voyager ruined the Borg, although Seven of Nine was hot!

• Mary
    Mary

Bethelite hard at work in the Printing Room at Bethel.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Voyager seemed to be able to deal with three or four of them every week. Voyager ruined the Borg, although Seven of Nine was hot!

Truer words have never been spoken. I hated Voyager. Good premise but they pressed the reset button every week. No character growth and how does this ship that gets put through so much each week stay looking so pristine? Ack.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    No character growth and how does this ship that gets put through so much each week stay looking so pristine?

Well, that's certainly ruined it for me!

Dansk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit