Who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

by Fisherman 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Do jws kiss the rings of the GB.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Van, I'm-sure the gb was displeased and offended with the attention but appreciate the well meaning behind it and went along so as not to hurt the feelings of the friends You akso have to factor in tge local customs. But we don’t have all of the facts here so as to form an opinion.

Given all of the facts, I will say of brother NHK that that inspite of well intentions here, he would have walked away and not accepted the attention and would have rebuked the elders privately, unless it is just a local custom of greeting guests. But these gb in the vid don’t need or want any special treatment either, I believe.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Amazing how they take a helpful parable and make it about themselves.

If that doesn't scream 'cult', I don't know what does, so to speak.

They use a modern day corporate kind of term 'governing body' and try to crowbar it into scriptures.

Do those paedo protecting frauds think we don't notice?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Amazing how they take a helpful parable and make it about themselves.

Remember how Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep and Jesus wasn’t only referring to Peter. Who else do you think fit the bill today if not JW, the churches of christendom and their trinity doctrines and political consorts?

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    Bible trumps your opinion. —As it relates to the Bible.

So you are saying because it is in the bible, slavery is good? Are you available for purchase? Can I then beat you mercilessly as long as you get up in two days?

Exodus 21:20-21 “Anyone who beats their male or female slave with a rod must be punished if the slave dies as a direct result, but they are not to be punished if the slave recovers after a day or two, since the slave is their property."

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Can I then beat you mercilessly

You can believe what you like. The Bible is a standard: God is good by definition and not compared to your beliefs. True, many things in the Bible agree with our senses but when your senses or beliefs or standards conflict the Bible, too bad, the Bible is still the standard for Christians. Again, have whatever views you like.

Some people may not like secular laws or ordinances legislated by lawmakers, too bad, it is the law. Also, according to your feelings you may not like the Bible standards, too bad.

• waton
    waton

The scriptures warn against slaves in Governing positions. Beware of the awl.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Fish - Remember how Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep and Jesus wasn’t only referring to Peter.

I don't remember that, at least not in that way. It sounds like a bit of an extension has been added to prop up Xtian fanatical propaganda.

My problems are that I'm not 100% convinced Jesus or Peter existed. If they did, was it in the way the Bible states?

Although there are words of wisdom in the Bible, there is also weird stuff. I remain an XJW, (I cannot believe their 'teachings(tm)' because of my discoveries about them. I am an ex Christian and probably more of an aficionado of many written wisdom books(for want of a better word), , without the God bit. I'm totally unsure about God right now.

Then there's the thing about people in the West gravitating to Christianity but if you're in Asia for instance, not.

Sorry. I digress.
    As you were people.

• waton
    waton
    Fm: Remember how Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep and Jesus wasn’t only referring to Peter.

Yeah, Wt writers for one, do not fit into the category of those that obey that triple command to the F&DS.

wt is the only religion that forbids the sheep The "one flock" to partake, to feed on the emblems. yet

These sheep are the 12 tribes of Israel, who are in the New Covenant, out of which the sealed 144 000 come. read it in Rev 7, 1-8.

wt is hiding the 12 pearly gates, access to the water and the trees of life's harvest. wt is not feeding the sheep. is too cheap to feed the sheep.

watchtower inc can not possibly be the F&DS.

• NonCoinCollector
    NonCoinCollector
    True, many things in the Bible agree with our senses but when your senses or beliefs or standards conflict the Bible, too bad, the Bible is still the standard for Christians.

So you are telling me that there is nothing wrong with slavery. Got it. Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit